Hello from sunny Tucson...

Tucsontoy

Aug 28, 2007
Tucson, AZ
Hi Guys (and Gals).
I was talking to Mike L. tonight and he suggested I let my project out for all to see. It is something between sandrail, rockcrawler and monster truck. Once I learn how to post pictures I'll attach a few. I have hundreds covering the build. The chassis was custom built by Avalanche Enginering to make room for a 2007 LBZ Duramax. Macrat will soon help me with the software for that. Mike L built the transmission which includes the first of its kind tail housing from Suncoast. The transfer case is a custom 4sp Atlas. The axles are 2-1/2 Rockwells (steering on both ends) with custom 2" shafts. The tires are millitary 16R20 with double bead lock inserts. It is one-of-a-kind!
I have done a lot of reading and learning from DP and here so it may be time to help the next guy that might want to tackle a project like this. Being a retired engineer, I know anything can be done with time and money! Sites like this help to reduce the odds of doing things twice and can be a win-win for everyone.
Thanks for the invite to the site, Mike.
Roger (in Tucson):)

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Hi Guys (and Gals).
I was talking to Mike L. tonight and he suggested I let my project out for all to see. It is something between sandrail, rockcrawler and monster truck. Once I learn how to post pictures I'll attach a few. I have hundreds covering the build. The chassis was custom built by Avalanche Enginering to make room for a 2007 LBZ Duramax. Macrat will soon help me with the software for that. Mike L built the transmission which includes the first of its kind tail housing from Suncoast. The transfer case is a custom 4sp Atlas. The axles are 2-1/2 Rockwells (steering on both ends) with custom 2" shafts. The tires are millitary 16R20 with double bead lock inserts. It is one-of-a-kind!
I have done a lot of reading and learning from DP and here so it may be time to help the next guy that might want to tackle a project like this. Being a retired engineer, I know anything can be done with time and money! Sites like this help to reduce the odds of doing things twice and can be a win-win for everyone.

Great to have you here Roger, hurry up and post some pictures:D You will like it here.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Hi Guys (and Gals).

Roger
I am having computer problems and get get the pictures to cooperate. Please post a couple for us. This has got to be one of the neatest projects I have ever been associated with.

partsguy662

blowup doll salesman
Aug 14, 2006
Roger
I am having computer problems and get get the pictures to cooperate. Please post a couple for us. This has got to be one of the neatest projects I have ever been associated with.

I'm going to assume that the problem lies between the chair and the keyboard..:D :rofl:

Welcome Roger! :)