Finger stick question

IdahoMike

Jul 12, 2020
Okay, I have done a bunch of research on the 2 main forums about the finger sticks and blocker plates but cannot find my answer.
I have a 06 LBZ with a lift pump, EFI Live Auto Cal with DSP 5. These are the only mods. They plan on doing away with emissions testing in Idaho but it will not take affect till 2023. I'll be getting my emissions done in the next week or so. Right after that I plan on doing a full delete with new downpipe. My question is, is there a way I can change the EFI Live tune so it does not throw any codes after the delete, is this something I can do or does it have to be done by a technician or should I put on a finger stick and call it good....

IdahoMike

Jul 12, 2020
thats what I was afraid of. I was just reading on a website that the finger stick has to have the egr in place but blocked in order to function as it needs the egr motor to be working properly. I just want to get rid of the whole damn thing as I know it's slowly killing the engine and robbing it of full potential. Is there a way to check my hand held tuner to see if by chance they already deleted the egr?? I bought this before Rob was shut down..

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
disconnect the EGR connector and drive it. see if it throws any codes. may take a while but that is the easiest way

IdahoMike

Jul 12, 2020
Just unplug the motor or valve.
just did the big test. Unplugged the egr motor, went for a 20 mile spin which 4 of those miles were up and down a 7% grade at 70mph with no CEL and ran like a top. So it would be safe to say they had already programmed it for the delete. Wish I knew this 4 years ago when I had it put in. Time for new stuff...

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I would still test it on several cold starts in the morning. some codes require two or three failed tests for the code to trip

IdahoMike

Jul 12, 2020
I would still test it on several cold starts in the morning. some codes require two or three failed tests for the code to trip
should I be worried about roaching something as there is no block plate on the egr just an unplugged motor??

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
if you are stock there is little chance of anything going wrong. the biggest issue people have is during higher exhaust pressure pushing the valve open and causing it to bog down and smoke. doesn't happen much on a stock engine but some running tunes or other mods have had it

IdahoMike

Jul 12, 2020
if you are stock there is little chance of anything going wrong. the biggest issue people have is during higher exhaust pressure pushing the valve open and causing it to bog down and smoke. doesn't happen much on a stock engine but some running tunes or other mods have had it
I'm just running it around town for now to make sure the CEL doesn't come on which it has not in 2 days. It's going sit in the garage till the plate shows up in a couple days then I'll put it on and be good to go... I could probably make one but for the money I think it's a better fit..