Question: Fass 150/100 in the cold states

wymax

Sep 15, 2016
wyoming
So it end of winter and I just put my fass 150 on and before next winter kind of want to get some input on if people really do have problem with it gelling with additive and winter fuel I ran my truck all winter with -30 and never had a problem but with the filter location I could see it but looking for some good input

I see it could be longer warm ups to warm the fuel to help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frankenstien

May 25, 2015
Fairbanks,Alaska
I am running the standard fass 150 pump under the truck, and a cat filter in stock location on a nicktane adapter, no gelling issues in the 2-3 years I've had it on, coldest -40F ish here

wymax

Sep 15, 2016
wyoming
Nice I've just read that people are gelling with tham on

Lparrill

And here we go again
Jul 30, 2010
Lander, WY
I have an air dog on 1 truck and a fass on my other. Both have seen North Dakota and I live in central Wyoming and haven't had any issues with them gelling up either.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Your best bet is to buy fuel from reputable places and use additive. I always find that if there a lot of big trucks at a particular station they are a good bet. It means guys have used their fuel without issue and that the fuel isn't sitting in the tank long.

wymax

Sep 15, 2016
wyoming
lol I get great fuel and have a couple additives I use I was ask if anyone had problem with the fass being on the out side like it is if they had problem I've just been hearing thing and want the real world to answer me

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
lol I get great fuel and have a couple additives I use I was ask if anyone had problem with the fass being on the out side like it is if they had problem I've just been hearing thing and want the real world to answer me

Your stock fuel tank and lines are outside and it it sits long enough for the engine to cool off the factory filter housing gets plenty cold. I think people blame the fass for their fuel gelling but bad fuel will gel on a stock truck too.

Chad006

Drag racer wannabe
Feb 12, 2015
Goodlow, B.C.
^^^ this, fuel quality plays a huge part in it. We see it a couple times a year with the trucks I have on the road, even with an anti gel additive. Fuel quality up here is very hit and miss, also doesn't help that it's colder than absolute f$&k up here in the north.