FAH: Cross Your Fingers!

Brayden

Jan 16, 2008
www.fleeceperformance.com
Would 8 office computers with e6600 dual core's make a difference? Or would that just equal what your supercomputer is doing? :)

Today should be the ExtremeOverclockers User Signature day! :thumb:

We are 1209 out of 191283 teams! :hug:

We have never had a "threat" since our listing in the Top 6000.:thumb:

We are about #140 out of all teams in Points Per Day. :eek:

But whether you are 69 points per month, or 100,000 points per day, each job puts mankind one step closer to curing diseases, and this is something significant we can do to help our neighbors and our families.

Thanks out to all who have contributed to FAH! :hug:

For those who would like to help, read the Do A Good Deed thread at the top of this forum.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Would 8 office computers with e6600 dual core's make a difference? Or would that just equal what your supercomputer is doing? :)

Sure would! Try it on one computer and see how it affects things. All computers are different, and work machines are work machines. Most my work computers are not FAH for one reason or another.

The huge points you see are mostly Graphics Cards or SMP (multi-core CPU) computers.

My "supercomputer" is going back to NewEgg. Too many issues with the Intel Workstation platform. I never even put the CPU's in before I decided to RMA it.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
It's easy to start and stop the clients. But I think you'll find you won't notice them running. Only the GPU clients are intrusive in my experience, and not all cards are affected.

C.C.Reed

May 1, 2008
Wish we had servers like the HP DL980 at work. I could do some serious damage with 8 CPUs. There is a guy on OC.net that is using a spare one. He is only getting ~169K PPD so I think something is weird with the way he set it up. Maybe the RAM is necking it down. He should be ~250k.

http://www.overclock.net/overclock-net-folding-home-team/873664-any-ideas-how-configure-monster.html

We have 2U Quad Opteron style servers that run Linux. I want to use WINe to run one -bigadv client on all 16 cores but they are always in use and it would be noticable. They are like this one on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120536289451

A guy can dream I guess. :baby:

C.C.Reed

May 1, 2008
So, we're at 999 as of 6 pm CST.

I am fixing to bring another machine online hopefully in the next few hours. It is loading the OS now. At this moment, I am just using 3 GPU clients (2 GTX 460s and a GT 430). Been hacking up an old Dell OptiPlex GX280 today that was in storage to put some 120 mm fans in it. It will be running a 9800 GX2 if I can keep the heat in check. The 9800 wouldn't cooperate in the other machine with the 460s so it's just been sitting on my desk.

I may take a hit in a little bit. My ISP went down for maintenance and when it came back up my network switch wouldn't work. I am fixing to go get another one out of my storage unit. The clients are running but won't post.

I am tethered to my phone now. :baby:

Poltergeist

Ghost in the Machine
Aug 1, 2006
Ontario, Calif.
www.poltergeist.us
My system seems to be back to full speed. I guess 1 of video cards locked up this morning and was also messing up the SMP client. I'll be getting another computer around the middle to late January and will be running the SMP and GPU (only 1 client) on it when I'm using it for other things.