EGR Plate 2008 LMM HELP!!

Aug 22, 2009
OK, i am a bit frustrated to say the least. I have tried three times for 3-4 hours at a shot...still cannot get the nuts loose!! So I am wondering is anyone is around my area I WILL PAY YOU to help me. I want to get this plate installed but I just cannot get it myself...

ON another note, is it ok to run EFI live for a bit till i get the plate installed? I would like to go racing tomorrow, but want to make sure I won't mess anything up. The truck does blow a bit of smoke but not much.

I live in southeast PA, between Reading and Allentown. I have a 2008 LMM and have the plate.

I appreciate your time.

Paul

Brian1

Jan 1, 2008
Try this for the top nut. Use a 12point socket and small breaker bar. More than likely 1/4 drive be perfect. Get the breaker on there and about horizontal or slightly down. Take a 3 foot pry bar screw driver and set the end under the racket and rest the bar ontop of the egr top body and push bar down. Best the pry bar is 90 degrees off the nut. Not to far past that point towards you. For me if too far towards me it would roll off. End wrench box end may work well but I had no metric version for the nut to try.

For the bottom I used racket and long piece of pipe as a cheater. Use some copper paste sealant on both sides of plate to help on a good seal.

Brian

wikdlmm

<-- OWFA
Jun 27, 2008
san angelo
Me an my buddy tried for 3 hours to get mine on and couldn't get it.. We got the bolts loose but could never get the plate in....

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
off topic, but fill in your signature for future reference... this will help everyone know what kind of truck you have, and what you have done for mods.

Brian1

Jan 1, 2008
To get the plate in requires a lot of forcing the pipe out. Some say to cut the bottom tab to help.

Glad you finally got it loose. It is a bear to do.

Brian

3500madmax4x4

Dec 18, 2009
texas
ok people i did the block off plate today WOW was tough but you have to stick with .. you will call your wife to cuz her you mother prety much anybody .. but if you stay with it it will be worth it.. but make sure once you get nuts off you spread bottom good #1 problem with the install people dont get plate in good and get a wild whistle