Help: DMAX/Allison Shop in RI Area

Kartmnn

Oct 27, 2011
East Providence RI
Hi All! I am brand new to the Forum and to the DMax/Allison. I just picked up a 2006 RC/LB 2wd with this combo. In fact, I dont have the truck yet. The truck has 111,xxx miles and I want to service the truck the way it deserves. Can anyone suggest a shop/person who knows what their doing? Also, I can provide a VIN if anyone could help me with a build sheet? Thanks so much!!

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Did no one even read the whole first post...where in his post did he say anything about wanting a trans build. "Well worth the drive!!" For what?? You guys are telling me you'd drive 7 1/2 hours for an oil change and tune up? Jeez I didnt know george was THAT good. :)

ben

Last edited:

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
If your half handy I would just service it myself. Read up on here and go from there. You don't have to do everything at the same time and it being a 2wd it shold make things a little easier.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Did no one even read the whole first post...where in his post did he say anything about wanting a trans build. "Well worth the drive!!" For what?? You guys are telling me you'd drive 7 1/2 hours for an oil change and tune up? Jeez I didnt know george was THAT good. :)

ben

I agree with the drive to Big Dipper not that Big Dipper isn't a worthy option he's a Good Guy ,I personally know him, but what are you saying Benny you wont service his truck? I thought you would :confused:

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
I haven't heard of or seen any injector connector problems on LBZs like the LLYs have. Have you seen it a bunch or something?

Just once, on an early 06 LLY. Sometime mid year 06 they added additional slack on the #7 injector wiring, and added a 90* strain relief.

So basically, no its not common on the 06+ trucks.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
I agree with the drive to Big Dipper not that Big Dipper isn't a worthy option he's a Good Guy ,I personally know him, but what are you saying Benny you wont service his truck? I thought you would :confused:

No, Im more than happy to help him out with whatever he is looking to do to his truck, but I just thought it was amusing that he didnt mention anything about a trans build and everyone still says OH GO SEE GEORGE!!!, as if no one else within 7 hours of Kartmnn knows a single thing about duramax's.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Just once, on an early 06 LLY. Sometime mid year 06 they added additional slack on the #7 injector wiring, and added a 90* strain relief.

So basically, no its not common on the 06+ trucks.

My early 06 LLY (built 08/05) had a molded 90 degree plug on the #7 and was zip tied to a bracket that bolted on over the injector. It's the same as every LBZ I've ever seen.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
My early 06 LLY (built 08/05) had a molded 90 degree plug on the #7 and was zip tied to a bracket that bolted on over the injector. It's the same as every LBZ I've ever seen.

Ill have to see if I can find a pic of it, I thought it was weird too...someone might have taken it off at one point before I looked at it?

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Does sound kind of strange. I'm swapping injectors on an 06 Kodiak (built 08/05 also) right now, and it is the same as mine. Who knows why that one was the way it was. I've seen some strange things before. I saw an LMM once that had two MAP sensors. One mounted in the intake pipe like an LBZ that wasn't plugged in, and one remote mounted like they started doing later. That was a strange one for sure.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Does sound kind of strange. I'm swapping injectors on an 06 Kodiak (built 08/05 also) right now, and it is the same as mine. Who knows why that one was the way it was. I've seen some strange things before. I saw an LMM once that had two MAP sensors. One mounted in the intake pipe like an LBZ that wasn't plugged in, and one remote mounted like they started doing later. That was a strange one for sure.

and how 07-early 2008 LMM's have two coolant temp sensors!

Late 2008 and newer LMM's (and LBZ's) only have the normal 1 coolant temp sensor.