Damn thats a big gun

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
It was a project that was not researched well enough.

Initially they thought there would be a hunting season in Jurassic Park, but then they found out the movie was about a fictional place.

Always do your research ...

nmeyer414

Jan 30, 2011
currently no where
i would try it at least once!

just imagine that round coming out of an A-10 with all of its brothers coming in hot right behind it! its about the same size bullet.

Kappa9012

MAN.... I Broke it again.
Aug 5, 2008
Peoria Il
i can see why they doubled the weight of the rifle... a few of those guys nearly dropped the damn thing... you easily lose a shoulder with that thing... I'd be dumb enough to try it...

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
There was actually a similar rifle issued to troops during either late WWI or early WWII. It was intended as a tank killer, and could go through 1" of armor.

Too heavy, and didn't inflict enough damage, except to the guy firing it. Troops feared it, and often made up excuses not to carry it into battle.

'strokeThis_'07

Oct 2, 2009
Laramie, WY
Maybe if it was mounted to a truck, so I didn't take the full force. I bet those guys were feeling that for a couple days. My luck I'd break some chit...no thanks

Mpsoldier

That just happened!
Mar 10, 2010
In my House
you would need good aim with it the bullet going by the deer would knock it down.increasing your chances of winning:thumb: or give it a heart attack

Ian J

Nov 5, 2010
Merredin Western Australia
Here in Hustralia we arent allowed big stuppid pointless guns so I have to shoot rabits with a 300WBY
Its bloody dangerous as a rabbit thats not complety vapourised could be considered dangerous game
thats why I should be using a 50Cal:thumb:

Pony Express

Back on the road
Dec 30, 2010
Southern CT
I remember one of the museums in Gettysburg has a 2ga or 4ga shotgun, that was used back in the commercial hunting days to shoot at flocks of geese. I think it took two guys to shoot it.

These were called "punt guns" and were usually mounted to the jonboat or skiff that the hunters used. You're right- it took two people to shoot it reasonably.