CP4 Conversion kit

BigTex1968

LMM's are the best.
Jun 12, 2013
Corsicana, Texas
What’s the best conversion kit for the money. I’ve got a bud that has this CP4 and want me to convert it over to the CP3. I don’t know which one is the best for the money cause I have the CP3 already in my 09. Can y’all help a brother out? Also I’ll need to get a replacement bleeder for the filter housing. Where do get that?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
If you'd google it, youd see prices for the Fleece or S&S kits are all over the place. I would check with @Bdsankey
on what he can get the kits for and go from there. Same with the fuel filter housing parts.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
There are quite a few kits out there that's for sure. I've had the best luck with SDP, Fleece, and S&S kits. Out of all the kits I've installed labeled as "tuneless", the only ones that have actually been that way are the S&S tuneless kits.

I was at a wedding this weekend so my time was limited, I just replied to your messages.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
S&s would be my suggestion. Just did one in a 2015 LML. Runs just like stock. Josh is a vendor for them and I believe Brad can get them too

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
My personal opinion is if you're seeing metal in the rails I would replace everything. It's the safest bet.

He could do just a pump and clean everything and take his chances (I would do a lift pump still) but if he has injector issues later it wouldn't be super surprising. The unknown is how much metal has gone through them already.

Reactions: gmc502 and 2004LB7

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
There are quite a few kits out there that's for sure. I've had the best luck with SDP, Fleece, and S&S kits. Out of all the kits I've installed labeled as "tuneless", the only ones that have actually been that way are the S&S tuneless kits.

What did you have to do with the other "tuneless" kits? I have a guy that wants a conversion but has his own cp3, and it looks like I can't get the s&s kit w/o pump

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
What did you have to do with the other "tuneless" kits? I have a guy that wants a conversion but has his own cp3, and it looks like I can't get the s&s kit w/o pump

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk
I had the customer source emissions compliant tuning from someone like PPEI/Duramax Tuner.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
The regulator for the cp3 is special for the tunless kits so the ecm can run it via its voltage scaling.