LLY: coolant tube elbow

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Does anyone know the part number for that little 90* bend in the valley of the engine that connects the factory variable vane turbo hard line to the coolant hard line on the engine? I initially used some regular heater hose but its kinda kinked because its such a sharp bend...

Or any ideas where I could get a pre-formed 90* little piece of heater hose?

thanks
ben

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
I never thought of that simon, good idea. It would have to be a pretty tight bend tho, Id need to buy it pre-bent for sure, if I tried I would definetly kink it..

ben

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I think I need the same hose as you.. the one running from the upper radiator hose to the turbo? Dealer wanted $50 for it. Asume the same thing being an lbz. Does autozone have 90 bend hose? I couldnt tell if it had a bend in it looking at it. Thats what I was worried about, don't feel like dropping 50 for a pin hole leak.

Last edited:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
The one going from the upper radiator hose pipe thing to the turbo is just a straight piece of hose. If you buy it from the dealer, you get a package of bulk hose. The 90 degree hose is on the passenger's side of the engine underneath the EGR cooler (if it is still there on your truck).

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
The one going from the upper radiator hose pipe thing to the turbo is just a straight piece of hose. If you buy it from the dealer, you get a package of bulk hose. The 90 degree hose is on the passenger's side of the engine underneath the EGR cooler (if it is still there on your truck).

That's good to hear, read some people say high temp power steering hose would be the thing to use, 3/8th. Sound correct?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Vrabel

TOYAHOLIC
May 22, 2008
Hewitt, NJ
He was saying using tubing with hose on ends. When I restored me car as a kid I needed to replace all the brake lines. The lines off master have that tight spiral. I used "Kant-Kink" lines, and slowly worked them around neck of bottle. worked great.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
He was saying using tubing with hose on ends. When I restored me car as a kid I needed to replace all the brake lines. The lines off master have that tight spiral. I used "Kant-Kink" lines, and slowly worked them around neck of bottle. worked great.

Ahh I gotcha

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
ben, fill the tube with sand before you bend it and plug each end and bend gently that will stop it from kinking.

trick for making cooling coils on moonshine stills ;)

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
ben, fill the tube with sand before you bend it and plug each end and bend gently that will stop it from kinking.

trick for making cooling coils on moonshine stills ;)
I don't think he's looking anymore. This thread is 3 years old.