Concealed Carry States

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
make sure when you guys travel through other states you know the laws reguarding ccw. ie; carrying in your vehicle, bars, public buildings, etc as well as notification of leo during traffic stop. also some states when in your vehicle have funky laws like minimum amount of actions to ready the firearm, to prevent carrying one in the tube. and make sure you are in accordance with federal mandates on traveling with a firearm through states where your permit is not valid.

i went to a wedding in delaware and legal carry in car was pistol either had to be in plain sight or locked up unloaded. could not be concealed on ones body.

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
Yea IL does suck. Jersey is just as bad though. What's even worse is that even if that law gets passed where states have to honor other CC permits IL is still out.

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
One of the IL senators put together a bill to repeal the FOID act, so we "hopefully" wont have to register to even own a gun....

but then again at the same time, the state of Chicago Mayor wants to start a law that requires every gun to be registered in the state.

One step forward, 2 steps back. Chicago needs to be its own state for real.

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
I really don't think having to register the gun is a problem. I mean if you've got a clean record it shouldn't be a problem. But I wouldn't go as far as NJ does with having to apply for a purchase permit and wait damn near 6mo to get it, then not even be able to buy a hangun b/c you have to apply for a different permit.

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
From what I seen that was proposed. It was going to be 60 bucks a gun to register it....

the FOID card is 10 bucks. Which I think is good for 10 yrs IIRC.

The registering isnt what that pisses me off. It is the reason why they say we need it. "To prevent the illegal use of weapons".

To me it doesn't matter what the state does....if I convicted felon wants a gun and wants to kill someone....its going to happen.

GeneralTJI

Turbo Todd
Jun 1, 2010
Colorado
I agree even if they banned guns all together the bad guys would still get them.

It's just that simple. The laws only apply to those who want to follow/comply with them.

I jumped through all the hoops to get my CCW permit. As long as there is a legal way to do it, I will play by there stupid rules... even though the guy you really don't want carrying a gun with just stick it in his pants and go on his way.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why the lib's can't grasp the notion here...

Cool website btw

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Gun laws are ridiculous as they pass laws or have laws to or think they are keeping guns out of criminals. There isn't one criminal that buys a gun or carries a gun legally. It's as dumb as wiping before you poop.

All the laws do is make it difficult for individuals that aren't criminals and have no intent of doing anything illegal. Brilliant!

When you get a permit they finger print you as you know so what criminal or future criminal wants his prints in the data base? Even without a permit and you purchase a gun legally you have to submit information and your purchase becomes record even with the mandatory wait period. More than likely they've already convicted of a crime that makes the possibility of owning a gun legal anyway. No criminal buys a gun legally or else wise. Stupid