Allison 6sp: Clocking transfer case

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Have installed a nv4500 on my truck. Planned on using the factory 263 case, but I have a 241dhd also available. With minor maybe 1/16th hole in largement I have been able to fit 5/6 bolts in to mate to the trans. I can redrill the 6th also but not don't that yet. But ends up my case is sitting about flat, which I don't like the clearance between my throw out arm linkage and the driver shaft how it sets in this setup. I am looking for adapters or clock ring to rotate the case down....

Seems like the 6th abnormal degree hole is just about opposite on the dodge vs the chevy. So I can't figure out if a clock ring will work or not in my head. (They do make them for the bolt patterns that go like 16,24,32 degrees etc)

I kinda messed up and jumped the gun cause I was waiting for flywheel for so long, and did the math to go ahead and re lengthen my drive shafts. The output is the same length but the flange on the front shaft is different between the two. Those relengthings cost about 450 So I would really like to stay with the gm case if someone cause give me pointer on how to clock it best.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
What about a chevy rear housing? Would anything internal have to change? I bet the holes would be clocked correct... but I'm not sure if the length or internals would change too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk