beat up zf6, how long do i got?

machine

Apr 27, 2013
Houston, TX
Hey folks, I'm wondering how much life is left in my zf6. I just got the truck back from the tech who told me the truck was in better shape than 95% of the used duramax's he sees. The injectors and fuel pump are great, most likely recently replaced, and he said he couldn't find anything seriously wrong with it. So awesome! I say, let's see the fluids.
I change the oil, crappy pronto filter packed with sludge, idk about the oil, but the delo 400 I put in made a huge difference. Drained the tranny, dirty green stuff that actually smelled kinda nice but a quart or 2 shy of what should have come out im guessing.

Noticed a leak at the back of the tranny,looks like the output shaft seal. wiped it down, put mobil 1 synth atf in since its all I could get my hands on and its temporary. Now im gonna drive it a bit and see where im at with the leak. Issues with the tranny are hard to get into 1st, occasional grinds on third gear, flywheel chatter, probably. Original clutch on truck with 298,000 miles. I'm hoping the fluid change will wake the synchros up but idk.
sbc clutch on the horizon, should I rebuild first? There was some metal particles in the fluid. I'm nervous, the rear end is next.