Axles Shafts

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
So with the purchase if my new tires I have been thinking about getting some spare shafts.

Will shafts out of the older 14 bolts work in the AAM's?

Also if used shafts are not plentiful around my area what aftermarket shaft are people having good luck with besides Tony B's stuff as its way out of my price range. I have seen Moser and Yukon make shafts any buddy having luck?

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
I have been in contact with Yukon, and will be getting their spool and axle package. I tried to get Tony to give more information on materials used and warrantee, but he would never let the info out. Even after several people asked about material used. Yukon offers a lifetime warrantee, but the price is up there ($2500 for the 38 spline package). You will need to ream out the end of the housing if you are going to go that route though. It's not a problem for me, because im shortening the housing 15" at the same time. Yukon has a video of a 40 spline package from SEMA, but when Randy's R&P asked about it, they said it was their 38 spline package, and the 40 was not out yet. You can buy alot of spare axles for the price tag!

Last edited:

Bluemax

???????????
Sep 25, 2006
Missouri
I don't know about the older ones but the axles out of a 6.0 2500hd are to short to reach the splines in the carrier.

Mosers might be better than stock but here's what the last set that I took out looked like after 8-10 pulls. No hop no jerk no downshift just going along third gear about 3600rpms and just quit pulling all the sudden and this is what we found.

Attachments

• MozerAxle1 [800x600].jpg
    MozerAxle1 [800x600].jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 50
  • MozerAxle2 [800x600].jpg
    MozerAxle2 [800x600].jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 48
  • MozerAxle3 [800x600].jpg
    MozerAxle3 [800x600].jpg
    137 KB · Views: 51

02bigstrokin

Sep 9, 2008
I don't know about the older ones but the axles out of a 6.0 2500hd are to short to reach the splines in the carrier.

Mosers might be better than stock but here's what the last set that I took out looked like after 8-10 pulls. No hop no jerk no downshift just going along third gear about 3600rpms and just quit pulling all the sudden and this is what we found.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm.... yeah, those 15.50's were a GREAT idea werent they travis!:rofl:

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
hmmmmmmmmmmmm.... yeah, those 15.50's were a GREAT idea werent they travis!:rofl:

Don't be a "Hater" Josh :p Not every one has your luck :eek::rofl: Dont listen to the Travis keep pushing the envelope ! back on subject , I dont think the Mosers are worth the $$ , i say either keep throwing stockers at it if you do have a failure or go full tilt with a spool and bigger peaces .

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
Don't be a "Hater" Josh :p Not every one has your luck :eek::rofl: Dont listen to the Travis keep pushing the envelope ! back on subject , I dont think the Mosers are worth the $$ , i say either keep throwing stockers at it if you do have a failure or go full tilt with a spool and bigger peaces .

I am just gonna throw stockers at it but I cant find any. I would love to have Tony's axles but they are soo much. I would almost say I would go to a rockwell before I could bring myself to drop that much coin in a AAM. We have open driveline in the 3.0 so its not a big issue other than loosing street use.