anyone in Mass...

flyinelvis11

May 11, 2010
VG, IL (because my wife does)
live near Weymouth? i found a dmax there and have no time to get up there to look it over. well, i can't justify buying it sight unseen and i defenitly trust another dmax owner more than a car salesman so...if someone would be willing to look it over i would be happy to pay you for your time/effort. i need this to happen in the next day or two so pm me if interested. think of this as spending someone else's money...and getting paid for it. thanks in advance:thumb:

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
If its an eBay truck then its at the same place i bought mine. The guys are rough around the edges, some of the trucks they were selling weren't listed with full disclosure. However, I knew when I bought mine that is be building it, so the very very cheap price I paid was worth the rusty frame, bad injectors, and the other little things that are now taken care of. I went there with efi live to check injectors and any codes and ended up scanning another truck for them that they were selling for too much with a busted door, bad brakes, and a bad fprv. Lol. The guy thanked me for the diagnosis and I told him I thought he should lower the price 5k. He said that he could afford to but someone was already bidding on it......poor guy.

flyinelvis11

May 11, 2010
yeah it is an ebay truck and you confirmed exactly what i was thinking. place is called worldwide preowned 185 liberty st. its an 03 with 178000 with a plow and they want $15700 outright. i was leary of it being a plow truck but dude said its only been on for a season, one owner....blah blah blah. it looks like its in real good shape but anyone can put lipstick on a pig and take a pic of it.

Last edited:

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Maybe one owner but for being an exclusive truck dealer they didn't know jack about trucks. They also messed up my registration and when I got it inspected I noticed and had to pay just to have the color changed. Those guys buy huge volume at auction, they told me themselves, which is why they had no reserve on my truck. I picked it up for $8700 in 09. And they told me they made good money on it. We both made out. It was babied. The only reason for the bad injectors was the improper dealer work when replacing them a few years back. If you can get xcablb7 or noreaster to go over there before you make a final decision, they would know what to look for I'm sure. I'm running to jersey right now to pick up a truck and I've got drill this weekend. Otherwise id go myself

flyinelvis11

May 11, 2010
thanks so much for your help.:hug: this deal gets more and more sour as it goes on. i wouldn't even consider this if i weren't looking for a very specific color/cab configuration. maybe i shouldn't be so picky? anyway thanks again, you probably saved me from a big mistake.:thumb: