Anyone going to Firebird drag strip this Saturday?

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
I just got my truck going (details will be posted in the build thread when I get time). So, what better way to celebrate than hitting up Firebird raceway here in Boise. Plus, it'll let me dial in the WOT tuning pretty close with no risk of a ticket, lol.

I'll be there for the duration of the event (unless I break something). Anyone else going to be there?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Well, just got back. Didn't break anything, but I got my WOT tuning dialed where I want, so I left a bit early to grab some food. Ran into Idaho Rob before I left. Talked for a bit, he seems like a great guy! (but you all knew that already)

Best run of the day was 14.391 @ 102.01. I was running in 2 wheel drive because I still haven't touched my front end. I need to get that fixed soon, Rob says I have the MPH for low 13's, and that would be cool. I can't really complain about the results at a "race weight" of 8,200 lbs and only 2WD launches.

I have a video uploading to youtube, but it'll be like 3 hours on my stupid DSL. I'll post it up later.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Well, just got back. Didn't break anything, but I got my WOT tuning dialed where I want, so I left a bit early to grab some food. Ran into Idaho Rob before I left. Talked for a bit, he seems like a great guy! (but you all knew that already)

Best run of the day was 14.391 @ 102.01. I was running in 2 wheel drive because I still haven't touched my front end. I need to get that fixed soon, Rob says I have the MPH for low 13's, and that would be cool. I can't really complain about the results at a "race weight" of 8,200 lbs and only 2WD launches.

I have a video uploading to youtube, but it'll be like 3 hours on my stupid DSL. I'll post it up later.

Did you get any logs Dave ? good runs at that weight but it should have some more in it IMOP .

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Yep, got some logs. I was tweaking the pulse width some over the day. It looks like anything over 1800 uS drops rail pretty hard. Rail valve current: desired is 0 mA, actual is about 100 mA. Fresh fuel filter on the AirDog. My CP3 has 285,000 miles on it, so it may just be tired.

Your S371 cleans the smoke up completely once I stop spinning my 315/70R17s (2nd or 3rd, usually). I'd throw more fuel to it, but I think my old CP3 hasn't any more to give.

So far, I'm loving the turbo. I'll send you the logs from today. If nothing else, we can dial the MAF to cut some smoke on the freeway. If you can squeeze more fuel out of my CP3, cool, but if not, I'm happy with how this runs at WOT. A new CP3 is on the horizon anyway ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
I was there in my dodge since i sold my chevy. Mine was the black one with the single stack.

<Moose>
OK, we got a video of one of your runs. A 12.96 @ 103.9. That's moving! I might put the video up on Youtube if my DSL cooperates, but no guarantees on that.

If you're there next time, I'll come say hi.

MadMooseEngineering

Mar 28, 2008
Boise, Idaho
Thanks yea the truck has been 12.89 on the stock charger. Which was faster than my chevy ever went.

Yea i might be making a couple more this year but dunno yet as i have a drive to texas to make.

<Moose>

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Thanks yea the truck has been 12.89 on the stock charger. Which was faster than my chevy ever went.

Yea i might be making a couple more this year but dunno yet as i have a drive to texas to make.

<Moose>
Traitor... Just kidding, Moose. Glad to see you got your trans issue sorted out. Make sure you find me and say hi if your trip to Texas is for the NHRDA finals.

And congrats on the runs, Dave. You definitely have the power to run low 13s. What kind of 60' times were you getting?