5th wheel hitches

Chavez91

People Go Outside?
May 30, 2012
Heh. Wouldn't you like to know
Lol there's nothing bad about the universal rails. They'll hold the weight James. Just comes down to how fancy of a 5th wheel you want. I run the rails with a Curt spyder gooseneck adapter. Never had a problem with the weight from the hay trailer.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Yeah I ran around looking at hitches and what not yesterday and today. Headed over to pick up a Reese 15k with rails that I posted about yesterday. It's a really good deal.

Robby05

Jul 25, 2014
Spokane, WA
Don't forget to get a rotobroach set like I posted earlier. You won't be disappointed. With a new bit I can drill all 8 holes in the frame in about 2 minutes.

I can get you the measurements for the install if you want. Just need to know if it's a 4 or 10 bolt install for the rails

Last edited:

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Well I think I mentioned this but years ago, my truck had a fifth wheel hitch in it. When my dad took the hitch out, he left the bolts in the bolt holes. No idea why. So all the drill holes in the bed and frame are done and ready to go. I just need two more L brackets to bolt the rails in and drop the hitch in. He had also had a second 7 pin installed into the bed for the trailer to plug into without an extension. Really going to make this install simple

c4eb4fb94cfd68b5b4963ff4bd6aeba0.jpg

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
The extra electrical plug in the bed is awesome... saves your tailgate from being rubbed when you turn. I've ripped my ug out a few times trying to get into places I shouldn't towing my trailer around... like drive thru ' s hahaha

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
The extra electrical plug in the bed is awesome... saves your tailgate from being rubbed when you turn. I've ripped my ug out a few times trying to get into places I shouldn't towing my trailer around... like drive thru ' s hahaha

Ha!

danzick

playing with fire
Feb 20, 2014
Livingston, MT
I'd still consider a goose neck hitch. Super strong, and no crap in your box ever. Ofcourse in our family, we use the 25ft flatbed trailer all of the time and hardly use the camper, so its easier to put an adapter on the camper.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
maybe down the road but any more, i hook the tongue pull flat bed to the truck and go pick up what i need. saves me from jumping in the back of the truck or reaching over the bed sides. last time i used the whole bed was to load a pallet of caulking in the truck for a delivery cause i didnt want to take our rough riding flat bed truck and our delivery guy was out for the day, that was over a year ago :D. The limo basically sits in the garage until called upon for towing or the occasional cruise.

BWJE

Nov 18, 2012
Yuma
I agree man. It has taken me 4 years to put 19k on my LMM haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk