Nitrous: 50HP Shot on LB7

03-GMC

Let there be light!!
Mar 26, 2009
SLC, Utah
"Squeeze" is a nickname for the bottle. You can always "squeeze" some more HP :D

How much boost you running peak sustained? This also controls how much power a LB7 is capable of making. Some folk aren't comfy with running over 30psi with the IHI charger, since there have been failures starting at about 32psi, and nearly 100% of them fail at 40psi.

IMO, your sea level HP is going to be about 490-495 based on the info you posted.

Yeah they printed out my corrected numbers and the sheet says CF: SAE Smoothing: 5 Max Power= 528.99
When i was on the dyno my boost gauge jumped over 30psi. On all my tunes i ran with a 50/50 mix of meth my EGT's never got over 1200*

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Normally, turbocharged engines lose only 1/2 what a N/A engine does. Some say you don't lose anything, but to them, I say "Give it a try and report back to us". I personally know better.

Up to 34psi is probably "acceptable risk", but the higher you go, the higher the risk.

03-GMC

Let there be light!!
Mar 26, 2009
SLC, Utah
I will see what some more tuning will do for me and if i cant get to where i want i think i might "Squeeze" some HP in it. Haha

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
So Tony your saying (from your sig) that 780 hp gets you a 12.00 timeslip? Jeff

No, what I am saying is my truck dyno'd on Dunbars dyno 518 on fuel and the MA GTG 2006 and when I squeezed it I made 705 for HP.

My ET and MPH are at Lebanon Valley in NY, the track is approximately 400 feet ASL and my truck is heavy, I don't do the take everything off to make a CC weigh 6400 lbs like others do. My truck usually weighs in at between 7200-7400 lbs with me in it.

My truck has full interior, LINE-X bed, Aftermarket Sway Bars, Dual T304's Exhaust, the only things I remove are the tailgate and spare, I usually try to run with between 3/4-full tank of fuel.

I run my truck like I daily drive it, no Jenny Craig for my trucks.

;)

If I could have taken 600-800 lbs off it I would have ran 11.8's but I wasn't willing to go thru that much work to get an 11 second time slip.

:D

Last edited:

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
This dyno was done on Industrial Injections dyno it was a bit low when i was on it , I only put down 719 , the same tune ran 11.0 , we are going to get him on the track in Boise and see what the track times show . My corrected dyno # from them was in the 830 range and think the true HP # from the track was in then 770-790 hp range so take it for what its worth . I just happen to have a NOS kit in my garage if you want to test fate :D

Last edited:

NWTDIESEL

On a Time Out
May 8, 2008
ATS Extreme trans
I was able to pick up .2-.3 tenths with hardly any fuel to burn and a .035 pill. I always keep my bottle at 1000psi.

Back in the day i would run a .105 pill with a PPE hot +2 tuner on my stock bottom end:D

With a good low timing (25deg-27deg) tune you will be safe with a small shot.

03-GMC

Let there be light!!
Mar 26, 2009
SLC, Utah
This dyno was done on Industrial Injections dyno it was a bit low when i was on it , I only put down 719 , the same tune ran 11.0 , we are going to get him on the track in Boise and see what the track times show . My corrected dyno # from them was in the 830 range and think the true HP # from the track was in then 770-790 hp range so take it for what its worth . I just happen to have a NOS kit in my garage if you want to test fate :D

Yeah if all goes well i will be in Boise to get some track times. Trying to get Friday and the weekend off right now. I might want to test fate Haha