2ND Gear Lock Advice

Jezzum450

Dec 30, 2019
Los Angeles
Hey guys long time reader, first time poster. I've been doing my own T87 tunes utilizing EFI lives software/hardware. So far every thing has been great, some odds and ends that don't make sense but that's for a later discussion. Was hoping some high HP guys and drag strip vets could cretic my WOT 2ND gear lock strategy, truck feels great no issues that I cant tell just throwing some feelers out there and looking to be educated or any issues my newbie eyes aren't catching EG; I'm I locking to early or issues with locking at the RPM it commands. I've attached a drop box link with the EFI log for you guys to review as well as some screen shots for convivence, Let me know what you think

Truck Info; Trans was built by Evan with a SC-1055-2 Running 100 0vers with a FI 467. Rough estimates of ET with a draggy are putting me around the 770-800HP range. I'm using Bens auto sync to command lock up.

Attachments

• LOCK-COMMAND.PNG
    LOCK-COMMAND.PNG
    622.4 KB · Views: 17
  • LOCK-COMPLETE.PNG
    LOCK-COMPLETE.PNG
    645.6 KB · Views: 17

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Logs look fine. locking up too early or too late is just going to hurt power to the ground or ET, not really the converter. if you like it works, keep on running it. under constant racing conditions, you eventually will hurt trans parts like clutches or converter but thats the name of the game. your more likely to need trans clutch refreshes over a converter refresh though.

Jezzum450

Dec 30, 2019
Los Angeles
Logs look fine. locking up too early or too late is just going to hurt power to the ground or ET, not really the converter. if you like it works, keep on running it. under constant racing conditions, you eventually will hurt trans parts like clutches or converter but thats the name of the game. your more likely to need trans clutch refreshes over a converter refresh though.
Sweet, appreciate it.