2015 Chevy Work Truck Upgrades

adoucet11

Jun 13, 2023
HunterJD11
Ok bare with me.. First time on the site and don't know where to start. I am about to purchase a 2015 2500 chevy 4 door 4x4 Work truck model. It has a whopping 250,000 miles on it. I want to do some upgrades to the truck. I would like recommendations to help me spend my money in the right direction.

1. Lift 4 inch with upgrade a arms? Want the best ride possible.
2. Wheels and Mud tires 22x10 wheels or 22X12? 35 tires
3. lift pump?
4. high flow sending unit?
5. air intake?
6. billet grille?
7. programmed tow tune.

Any help with these upgrades to steer me in the right direction. Name brand or anything.

Also If it was your and planned on keeping it for about 6 or so years what am I messing.

Thanks in advance.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
1. For the best ride, you should get a 6" lift and crank it down to 4". Or in other words, until the CV axles are level

2. No comment. Too many options to choose from. Mostly personal preference. But if you truly want 35's you may want to look into regearing your front and rear differentials.

3. Raptor, Air dog, Fass. They are all good. Just depends on what features you want and your budget

4. Nothing wrong with the stock one until you well into the triple digits

5. OEM is fine unless you are pushing big HP

6. No comment

7. Efi live. But good luck. EPA is putting the hurt on all the big players

You need to give us more information on what you want to use it for, etc

adoucet11

Jun 13, 2023
HunterJD11
Thanks for the detailed reply.

Any particular name brand lift is better than the other? Shocks? Do I need to get upgraded a arms?

I will be doing normal everyday driving with it. If I pull with it is will be nothing heavier than a 50 horsepower tractor. I have bumper pull and gooseneck trailers.

I don’t want to spend the money due to high mileage for a dpf delete for it but still want a tow tune, with few performance upgrades.

FastHoosier

Jun 13, 2023
Indiana
1. I would recommend whatever you get lift or level, get shocks with reservoirs. I did a Cognito level kit with fox shocks and the performance is same as stock. I hear the reservoir shocks ride much nicer. Also keep in mind to fit 35s comfortably you'll need 6" not 4".
2. If you're going to spend the money on wheels, might as well go forged imo. cost is barely higher than the fancy alloys these days.
3. Airdog. Love mine
4. CP3? I have a fleece but would not recommend. I had to spend over $1000 repairing leaks and cutting out the lines that came in the kit. There are more reputable and affordable options now too.
5. Not essential since there is no real performance benefit. I have the S&B, its nice but filters are now twice as expensive and its a PITA to replace the headlight. Id keep it stock or go all in on a high flow y bridge & intake bundle.
6. billet grille? no clue
7. programmed tow tune. Like mentioned, good luck. Find someone you can trust locally.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I've never lifted a 2015, but you can "fit" 35s stock. I'm sure with a 4" lift you can do 35s or 37s depending on the wheels.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Ok bare with me.. First time on the site and don't know where to start. I am about to purchase a 2015 2500 chevy 4 door 4x4 Work truck model. It has a whopping 250,000 miles on it. I want to do some upgrades to the truck. I would like recommendations to help me spend my money in the right direction.

1. Lift 4 inch with upgrade a arms? Want the best ride possible.
Personally I'd go with a 6" and turn it down until the CVs are level which is about 4". I have always liked and installed BDS lifts but there are other great brands out there.
2. Wheels and Mud tires 22x10 wheels or 22X12? 35 tires
Like stated above this is your personal choice.
3. lift pump?
I have been using AirDog more and more lately, their pumps are very nice but you also cannot go wrong with FASS.
4. high flow sending unit?
I've never had an issue with an AirDog 2-4G or 5G 100gph or 165ph on these trucks due to the way their pumps are designed as demand flow. What I mean by that is they only suck from the tank as much fuel as they require, they're not pumping full fuel volume 24/7 like a FASS or original AirDog.
5. air intake?
I like aftermarket intakes like Banks and S&B.
6. billet grille?
Personal choice, up to you.
7. programmed tow tune.
I believe PPEI and Duramax Tuner are the only ones currently certified to tune trucks legally, I would talk to them.
Any help with these upgrades to steer me in the right direction. Name brand or anything.

Also If it was your and planned on keeping it for about 6 or so years what am I messing.

Thanks in advance.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Airdog FP100-4g. Much better mounting system than FASS. Whisper quiet.
If you’re not deleting just do a cp3 conversion with a stock LBZ/LMM cp3.

Reactions: Bdsankey

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I would also recommend if doing the cp3 conversion buy the SDP kit. They give you a fitting for the suction that is curved so you don’t have to partially kink off the suction line like most all of the other kits do. Helped a buddy put one in his ‘13 and it went pretty smooth.

Reactions: 2004LB7

adoucet11

Jun 13, 2023
HunterJD11
ok so let me get my rookie self straight with all this..
Airdog fp100-4g or Airdog 11-5g or FASS Titanium signature series 100GPH???

And i need

SDP CP3 conversion kit for LML ??

The Injectors were changed at 200K it has 242K on it now. Do i need to change the CP3 pump also? or all of this is to prevent having to change the pump and injectors?

Anything else for motor and fuel system?
I will put S&B cold air intake then tune.

Last edited:

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
ok so let me get my rookie self straight with all this..
Airdog fp100-4g or Airdog 11-5g or FASS Titanium signature series 100GPH???

And i need

SDP CP3 conversion kit for LML ??

The Injectors were changed at 200K it has 242K on it now. Do i need to change the CP3 pump also? or all of this is to prevent having to change the pump and injectors?

Anything else for motor and fuel system?
I will put S&B cold air intake then tune.

The LML comes stock with a CP4 which is less reliable then the CP3. The kit will change out the CP4 to the CP3. Stock there is no CP3 on the LML

Your injectors are likely fine