2008 F250 6.4 vs my LMM

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
So, my daytime gig is as a car salesman. Last night was closing shift, at 0745 a couple with mother in law in tow strolls through the lot. I end up seeing his rig, a silver 2008 6.4 F250 tuned and all done up. We chat about it for a minute, closing time comes and I tell them to scram but come back anytime even though he drives a ford.

We pull out of the lot one by one, me behind, onto a two lane each direction main road. We end up at the light down the road, next to a lot where on wed nights a "car club" meets. At the light, they window down, so I turned the tune from 1 to 3 (DD 100HP). He revs and sends smoke rolling, I rev and nothing to be seen... Light turns green, No boosted launch, nothing fancy, just good ole' WFO. Engines roar, smoke is billowing out of the ford, car club is cheering, and I take off and leave him in his smoke. Not once did my truck produce visible smoke (at least that I could see by mirror), and man did it win by a truck and a half. Was a good one for sure

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
That is the one thing I miss from having a stock(ish) turbo: clean & quick off the line. I have my DD tune dialed to a moderate haze until the turbo lights, then clean, but it takes forever and a day to light. If the race is to less than 40 MPH and I don't boost, I think a Toyota Carola would spank my ass :rofl:

Bet the Ford was confused how you got out in front without any smoke! :D

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
they texted me after, we exchanged numbers when saying goodbye. The mother in law could not stop laughing at the guy, cuz "he's never been beaten before". It was an excellent experience, especially because i've always been "told" a ford will destroy my truck. Was giddy afterwards lmao

We are going to rematch a few times when the tourists hit the road, if i win I get some Line-x. If he wins, he gets a killer car deal :)