2007 GMT900 Silverado 5.3 P0191.00

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
A friends Silverado has been kicking our butts with a DTC in the ECM that I can't recall stating that the FPCM has issues (Similar to the TCM's P0700) and FPCM P0191 00 and recently also a P0192 00. The parts canon has been fired but the issue still is present, and it seems to be somewhat intermittent.

What's been replaced is the Fuel pump module (that was required due to the fuel pump croaking), the fuel pressure sensor on the line under the drivers door, the pressure sensor on top of the tank that I believe is for evap purposes, and the FPCM, which was 'sort of' necessary as the case was technically breached due to heat, but that also obviously wasn't the issue. The codes still pop up.

When I looked at the freeze frame info the first time, I thought I was on crack or something because the freeze frame showed the fuel pressure sensor as 0 volts, but the second time I looked, it didn't show 0 but showed voltage... After we looked at something (more on that in a second) that reset everything, when we started the truck and the CEL came back again, my friend was looking over my shoulder at the Tech2 screen and saw the same thing I saw - 0v on the pressure sensor, exit and then look again, it's not showing 0 the second time 🤯. But the next option down, I saw the same thing this time as I saw before: IGN voltage was 0 and pressure sensor voltage was 0. This leads me to believe that power to something, possibly the FPCM, is being interrupted intermittently causing this. I haven't verified this, but I assume that power goes to the FPCM and everything related to the fuel pump and pressure go through the FPCM.

Now, I've heard of issues with the fuse/relay module under the hood, and the fuel pump relay (which he has also replaced), did have corrosion on it, as to a few other terminals that I can see up above. I pulled the module (the big reset mentioned above), and underneath, there are no visible signs of corrosion without taking it apart, but the corrosion on terminals above leads me to suspect that the fuse/relay module may in fact be the issue. I inspected the loom between the FPCM and the tank and there was zero evidence of damage of any kind.

I've found that there are a few 07 GMT900 Silverados in a yard near me with the 5.3... Are the fuse blocks universal/interchangeable?

Edit: looking a little deeper, it 'appears' as of the fuse block 19210438, which supersedes 15910897 & 25815387 is the same for 2007-2009 'w/o 6.6 liter diesel', so 'in theory', one from any 2007-2009 gas truck should work.

Any thoughts from those with more exposure than me?

Last edited:

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
My 2010 sierra freaked out and did weird shit when the ground sensor diodes went bad. You have to replace the ground wire from the battery to the block and frame. Mine was throwing some odd trans/engine codes as well. I didn’t even know there was a sensor in the ground wire, it fixed mine.

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
My 2010 sierra freaked out and did weird shit when the ground sensor diodes went bad. You have to replace the ground wire from the battery to the block and frame. Mine was throwing some odd trans/engine codes as well. I didn’t even know there was a sensor in the ground wire, it fixed mine.
I do recall hearing of really weird shit related to a cable, but IIRC, that's more related to vehicles with the single battery located on the passenger side, in the position of the Diesel second battery, such as a Tahoe, which I believe another friends 2007 Tahoe was having issues with at some point. This is pretty specific, and aside from the seemingly intermittent nature, not all over the place - it's always and only these codes. Of course your issue could have been a totally different one from the cable issue I've heard of.

Last edited: