ajfixedit

Dec 7, 2023
#411Seafinn
Hi all, my 2005 LLY blew up so I found a good deal on a low mile 2006 LLY. I know the 2006 LLY is basically a de-tuned LBZ so I put my LLY injectors in it and removed a tooth from the crank tone wheel so it is not throwing a crank position code. I am getting code P0340 Camshaft position (CMP) Sensor Circuit and code p0341 Camshaft Position sensor performance. I cant find anything that tells me if the camshaft reluctor wheel is the same on the LLY and the LBZ. Or do I need to pull the timing cover and change it out.

ajfixedit

Dec 7, 2023
#411Seafinn
I used the tread you just sent me to find out what tooth to remove. And so far the crank sensor fault has not come back up. I pulled the cam and crank sensors off of my 2005 LLY and put them on my 2006 LLY but the cam sensors got mixed up in the process. Thought I got the right one but I’m going to try the other one today and see if it changes anything. If that didn’t work my thought is to get a new one and try that. The way the wiring harness is set up I don’t think I could plug them in backwards, and if I did I would guess I would be getting crank and cam faults.

ajfixedit

Dec 7, 2023
#411Seafinn
So I found out that i put the wrong sensor in the cam and switched it out for the right one and that code went away. Then the crank code came back up so I removed the sensor and i didnt get the nub all the way ground off so i ground it off smooth and then the crank code went away. For a few times I was cranking there was a p0374 high resolution system performance code then after a few cranks and resets of the codes I got p0016 crankshaft position - camshaft position correlatioin and p0336 crankshaft position sensor performance. Not sure where to go from here.