1000 psi water injection

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Some good suggestions guys thanks. I'm just kicking things around, what if you have a small tank you could pressurize and run a boost line to it? The pressure in the tank would come up with boost and thereby equalize what the pump is trying to overcome. So a 250 psi pump would in essence be pumping at 250 psi because it supply water pressure would equal what the boost is. Does that make sense or am I all wet?:confused:

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Some good suggestions guys thanks. I'm just kicking things around, what if you have a small tank you could pressurize and run a boost line to it? The pressure in the tank would come up with boost and thereby equalize what the pump is trying to overcome. So a 250 psi pump would in essence be pumping at 250 psi because it supply water pressure would equal what the boost is. Does that make sense or am I all wet?:confused:

The pump would have to be good for over 250 on the suction side.

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
So ytou have to have a troy bilt pressure washer on your bed and a 25' hose to reach to your engine bay? red, green or black nozzel?? :rofl::rofl:

That may not be the cleanest way to do it:rofl: If we suddenly see lots of dodges with pressure washers in the bed, we'll know whats goin on:rofl:

And in that case, use the jetstream nozzle, and best spot is right into the turbo compressor:thumb::D

Id like to benchtest the idea, powerful 12v motor running the pump in the bed and a tank back there too. That could be a very serious M/W setup:confused::D

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
The fuel injector idea is cool, it has its own solinoid system and can be PWM'ed to vary the flow, however, higher end M/W systems already have PWM control, Coolingmist does.
Problem with automotive EFI stuff is generally there psi range is 70psi or less. Not sure if auto injectors would like a 100% duty cycle. Need to weld bungs in for them and a hold down fixture since there just oring ended. Electromotive has those holders. Newer stuff may be more but not likly near 250. Not sure if the existing M/W pumps would like having a pressurized inlet feed. They may be internally regulated for a 250 max output? And iirc they are a diaphram pump, again pressurized inlet pressures may adversly affect that?

Last edited: