EGTs increase after muffler delete?!

LLY_LUJAN

Sep 30, 2015
Phoenix AZ
Hey everyone
So I recently installed a muffler delete pipe on a 4 inch banks exhaust. After doing so I noticed my EGTs increased quite a bit now I'm reaching 1350 degrees whenever I get on it a little even when my tuners in mileage. Im using the gauge on my edge CTS monitor so I don't know how accurate it is. Any suggestions of why this might be happening? I always thought that it would make the temp go down if anything.

Thank you

Last edited:

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
I installed a probe in each exhaust manifold, after the install one side was running on the highway 700 degrees, the other 1200 degrees. I found that I had kinked the probe cable in the gauge pod enough to create resistance undid the kink now I have an equal 700 degrees while cruising. On hard acceleration the temperatures vary widely sometimes in the 350 degree range and when at a stop light one side is -200 the other is ~350.

Last edited:

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
Don't shoot the messenger but I've seen this happen every time I straight pipe something and pulled a muffler off it induces a little lag and makes egts slightly more across the board. Tested it out on my own truxk when I had the bd super max and I got the same results lol they are substantial increase but noticeable

Don't shoot the messenger just stating what I have seen myself.