Y Bridge?

booxr800

Boo
Sep 13, 2009
Central Michigan
I have a WTB or ISO thread right now for a y-bridge and cold side pipe in the garage sale forum. If nothing comes up and I just buy new which brand should I go with? I have been looking and there a few options for sure. I have looked at SDP, HSP, WCFab, DHD and Profab.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
not to dissuade someone from buying what they like,but looking at your sig line - why do you want to replace your OEM y-bridge? It seems like you could spend money elsewhere first, no?:thumb:

ltr450ryder

Jul 12, 2012
racine WI
I have the 2 piece hsp y bridge and it's so nice. It has an orinn seal but 2 bolts that bolt them together so they don't come apart.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
saving up for a turbo, caltracs or bars, better shocks or front end parts for boosted launches, ported fittings and or injector tips, I'm sure there's a list :) I still run my stock y-bridge, (with a strap and a hose clamp because it will walk out on me otherwise) and I'm on 40 over injectors and a larger turbo, and my limiting factor was fuel not air.

booxr800

Boo
Sep 13, 2009
Central Michigan
Next week I am going to send my turbo to Russ "yellowchevy" for a port and polish job. I would prefer a new turbo but the fun police says no lol. In the future I may twin over it. I have shocks, bars and DHD steering brace. I know I will need more fuel but that's not happening right now either. My truck is all tore apart right now because of an up pipe leak. So what I am doing now is towflow up pipes, LML manifold, turbo P&P and cold side and y bridge while the turbo is out. Being serious is this all a waste of money?

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Next week I am going to send my turbo to Russ "yellowchevy" for a port and polish job. I would prefer a new turbo but the fun police says no lol. In the future I may twin over it. I have shocks, bars and DHD steering brace. I know I will need more fuel but that's not happening right now either. My truck is all tore apart right now because of an up pipe leak. So what I am doing now is towflow up pipes, LML manifold, turbo P&P and cold side and y bridge while the turbo is out. Being serious is this all a waste of money?

Only if you think it's gonna be worth something to someone else...
In all seriousness, performance wise...after all those mods, fuel is still your limiting factor..and then the engine will be

If I could spend all the money I spent on my truck, again...I'd build the trans, get max effort EFI tuning and buy a block and start making it happen

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I don't want to step on any toes, but my straight honest answer is no. I'm on stock up pipes, Profab downpipe and egr delete pipe, I cut and welded a cap on my stock uppipe for the delete, I have a 4" exhaust with resonator AND muffler with stock manifold, and a Danville charger. I'm over 600hp and limited by fuel, not air and not exhaust; and that's still holding over 25k rail in attempts to keep it "safe". If I add more fuel, I'll need to add engine mods - no thanks! If I were you, I'd forget the expensive uppipes, the manifold, etc ... and look for a used (or new) 66 or 68mm Danville stg2r and let it eat. You don't even truly need larger tips. Rancelot is making around the same power as me on stock sticks. I just came across a nice deal and enjoy less timing and pulse width. And yes, I just did the tips. Good luck.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
That's why I was impressed when Mark said that he could tune my truck for less torque for the HP. I made 636 on his dyno at just under 1100ftlbs. I'm thrilled!

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Stock tuned trucks are pretty fun for what you have to do to get them there...
Can't beat the bang for the buck quotient of a built trans tuned truck...

Although, I speak out of context, because I have far too many mods into the chassis and suspension of mine that make it as fun and capable as it is

Adding a turbo or tweaking the stock one (or both) would be where I spent my money, if I were you...adding fuel will more than likely lead to a build

Coming from a significantly modded truck on a stock engine, and then going back to completely stock and tuned...I'm pretty happy with just having tunes...happy enough, anyways...

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!
:hug:

booxr800

Boo
Sep 13, 2009
Central Michigan
Thanks COCOAL. I am just going to do up pipes, lml manifold, cold side, y bridge and turbo p&p for now. I need to do new tie rods and lca to finish my 3/5 drop also. Between the truck and the harley it's never ending. lol

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
saving up for a turbo, caltracs or bars, better shocks or front end parts for boosted launches, ported fittings and or injector tips, I'm sure there's a list :) I still run my stock y-bridge, (with a strap and a hose clamp because it will walk out on me otherwise) and I'm on 40 over injectors and a larger turbo, and my limiting factor was fuel not air.

What's the hose clamp trick? I'm going to be swapping turbos and putting a profab delete pipe on. I was just going to run the strap.