Y bridge

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
Anyone have a welded y bridge for sale? I have a dhd egr delete kit and don't like how the y bridge 2 piece design with oring. Having a hard time getting the truck dialed in and the only thing I can come up with is the y bridge oring leaking? I mocked it up with a psi test to 40psi and no leak there but under full boost I am sure it could leak. I had to have my stock one welded when I was running compounds but sold it with the kit. Also if I were just to buy a new bridge which is the best route to go for the parts that are available?

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
Just curious why do you think your truck isn't running right?

I went thru this before with compounds. When it was hard to get it dialed with a boost leak under psi. It kinda acts the same way so I would just assume get it taken out of the equation anyhow.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
What are the symptoms? Low boost? Fluctuating boost? If you have pressure tested the system at 40psi and haven't found any leaks something tells me you don't have any. Just saying.

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
What are the symptoms? Low boost? Fluctuating boost? If you have pressure tested the system at 40psi and haven't found any leaks something tells me you don't have any. Just saying.

We are still working on getting it dialed in. Running into boost issues along with reduced engine power p0299 underboost codes. I am sure Kory will have it figured out. I need to do my end of the deal and make sure that it doesnt leak. I don't want to give it more than 40psi to keep from blowing it out but the bottom line is a shit design with nothing to keep it in place on the dhd kit. I had real similar problems and went with a tig welded on and no problems. I bought a used tig welded y bridge a few hours ago but am still not opposed on getting a HSP or similar setup.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Do they have a pipe to go with the bridge also? How does this bridge fit? Do you have to fabricate it in or direct bolt on?

AFAIK
It's a direct drop in, I believe that you can order it to fit several different boost tube options but I'm not sure, I'd bet that Tony has an IC tube to match up to that bridge I know Tony has the "big air" intake kit and has multiple kit configurations to meet any budget/goal

I've got the old aluminum 3" bridge from Tony and at the time I ordered it, it could be ordered in several options like shorty, V-banded, stock IC tube or aftermarket.

I know for a fact that the new cast one bolts right up to the runners, so does the old one, I don't think they come with new gaskets tho, but Tony sells those...
As far as what configurations the new cast piece works with, IDK, but I bet Tony/DHD crew would be happy to answer your questions, they've got excellent customer service!

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
stock lmm ybridge tig welded

Has anyone found a way to get all 4 corners tight with a tig welded lmm ybridge? The last one I had we could not get the 2 lower fronts down near cp3 after it became 1 piece. It seemed to hold 60lbs of boost alright that way.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Tighten the lower ones first???
I imagine you probably already tried that, but that's what I wound up doing with the one I got from all seasons/DHD...

First I put a little Vaseline on the gaskets, then I practically had to stand on the center of the bridge to get it to sit down in the V between the runners.

Then, I started with the lowers and snugged them up good, then snugged the top but not as tight (there was a slight gap at he top but the bottom was good) then I went to one lower and got it to probably 25-30 ft lb, then went around in what I guess you'd call a cross X pattern starting on the bottom four corners and crisscrossing up to the top and ended up probably putting 35-40 ft lbs into em, I'm just guessing, I didn't use a torque wrench but I had wound up with quite a bit of effort into them. That was the only way I got it to snug down nice...if I at any time got the top bolts tighter than the bottom, the bottom would pull away...

My heads were decked too, so that didn't help anything :rolleyes:

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
Boost Leak

Also I did find my boost leak! the damn bridge was leaking. I had blown the orings out of it. I am happy to find this but my tuner "Kory" probably wants to kill me!:eek: