WOT launch problems

m&mjenna

Mar 6, 2017
Alright fellas I kinda got a tough one here at least to me it is.

My truck is the Daily I don't race or even tow nothing crazy just to and from work and around town things like that. Sometimes you pull up to a light and you just gotta give it the beans!! She takes off like a banshee for a gear or 2 then she cuts power and losses speed then picks up again. This has been happening ever since I put my tune on and only from a stand still at wide open throttle. I've had the tune on for about 3k miles so I don't think its the trans still learning but on my 90hp tune it took 8.1 sec to get to 60 just the other day. So I took a data log with my insight and couldn't see any reason as to why this is happening no fuel cut or anything until after the speed loss. Truck has 210+k miles on it.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated I can include the data log if needed.

Tothemax

xgmtech
Oct 16, 2014
new york
Most likely loosening fuel pressure due to worn injectors. Check for codes most likely going to find p0087 fuel rail pressure low

m&mjenna

Mar 6, 2017
Tothemax - No codes and as far as I can tell no fuel cutoff

WVRigrat05 - I thought the same at first but it seemed to get better over time and like I said this only happens at WOT from a stand still so idk. A lift pump is definitely on the list of mods but not for a little while.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Could be several things, but my best guess. Fuel filter or you need a lift pump. Next time it does this stop and then go wot from a stop again. For what ever reason my truck would act like that the first time I would go wot. Then if I stopped and did it again it wouldn’t do it. Lift pump fixed the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
Maybe it's just a defuel? I know my truck doesn't like wfo until I'm well into second. It's never popped a code and rail pressure is usually within commanded parameters, so I just called it a defuel and mitigate the throttle accordingly. I figured the trans safe tuning didn't help but I still have yet to get the big.boy tunes updated

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
What does your fuel filter % do when it looses power?

Ck your fuel lines at the left rear of the engine. They like to kink there as the engine torqs over it restricts the fuel supply.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
What does your fuel filter % do when it looses power?

Ck your fuel lines at the left rear of the engine. They like to kink there as the engine torqs over it restricts the fuel supply.

Broken/weak drivers side motor mount could contribute to this, couldnt it?

But o/p does need a lift pump, too.

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach
Make sure you're running and OEM fuel filter, Lift pump will help a lot, and a rail plug or shims. My truck acted like that when it was stock even with a lift pump, turned out to be the FPRV. Plug solved that

Elgavilan

Desert Rat
Aug 28, 2016
Arizona
Watch rail pressure actual versus demand and that will tell you if it is a fuel supply issue. If actual drops below demand when it cuts out then you need to concentrate of the fuel supply system and either add a lift pump, change fuel lines, change to a free flowing filter or your cp3 is getting weak.

JRein

Aircraft Mechanic's Hero
Sep 26, 2015
LRAFB, Arkansas
Check your rubber lines. CP3 could be sucking them shut. I have not experienced it but I have heard of it happening without a lift pump and old lines.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk