Why a lift pump?

bigbaddiesel

May 24, 2010
Canukistan
I never really hit the intro page, from the DF..seems you guys have more tech advice here :thumb: anyway

Looking at getting an AD II 165, If i blow my tranny ill gmax it, but currently not planning on it. What are good reasons to sell me on it.. or is it more or less just to help the life of the CP3.. id also consider the MITUSA,
lastly if i did do my tranny id probably twin it.. would the AD 2 be sufficient for possible future mods.

thanks for any reason to push me over to buy something

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
it will help keep your cp3 happy man, even with my stock trans i picked up 2 1/10's in the quarter just by adding my ppe pump. and yes the sirdog will supply plenty of fuel for a stock cp3

Last edited:

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Basically all a lift pump does is supply positive feed pressure to the suction side of the CP3 , and offer additional filtration depending on kit . if you running big tunes its manditory , if your not you wont see many gains out of it , but i like to run one any way , better for the CP3 , trucks seems "smoother" with them and all i all is a good buy for the $$ .

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
All the pumps on the market seem pretty good

air dogs are common and have good feed back

it's better to be blown than suck:D

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
A lift pump is definitely worth it. I noticed a big difference since I had to drive without one for 2 weeks. Shifts are smoother, throttle response is better, and best of all it maintains FRP on the hot tunes.

seth999

Wheeewwwww!!!
Jul 1, 2009
Corbin,KY
without a lift pump you can drain the rail i can drain mine even on milder tunes without one found that out real fast when i was without one a few days

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
A lift pump is a actually an anti gravity proton neutron matter disolver. Completely pointless to any other than an newtronitron anti matter matter anti dislolver. :thumb:

madmatt

Apr 12, 2009
"the mecca"
www.facebook.com
better ask that superfly guy about this one. I hear he's the only dude in the world who really knows the answer to this impossible question lol!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
You will find that this site is full of guys who can give you real world tech advice and I would use it to the fullest. There's some BS every now and again but your not going to find better info anywhere on the net.

There is no doubt about that, sorry for being a smart ass...

I highly recomend a lift pump for even stock power trucks the airdog 150 is what I run and I love the extra filtration it gives me. The truck accelerates smoother and idle better IMO.

05' Ditry Duramax

May 3, 2008
Port Orchard Washington
There is no doubt about that, sorry for being a smart ass...

I highly recomend a lift pump for even stock power trucks the airdog 150 is what I run and I love the extra filtration it gives me. The truck accelerates smoother and idle better IMO.

It ain't your fault. We all know eachother to a point and have became alteast familiar with a lot of poeple on this site. He isn't at that point yet. I saw the thread on DF and figured it was time to reasure him he was in the right spot for the tech questions. Have fun!! That's what this is all about.