whos got HALO or blacked out lights

Linden

Sparkplugs FTL
Dec 12, 2009
Florida
my little brothers truck has tinted covers. im not a fan of them he has since taken them off and would probably sell them
l_614b8f81737a47c8a96d1f971284d457.jpg

Jetty LBZ

work in progress
Jan 24, 2011
middle TN
im not a big fan of tint or black lenses. not saying they dont look good i just prefer the ones that have clear lenses and black inside the light.:rolleyes:

Jetty LBZ

work in progress
Jan 24, 2011
middle TN
cool:thumb: can you get HIDs that are white i dont like the blue. i hate being blinded and i dont want to be the one blinding people;)

Butrbal

Sep 7, 2010
Baton Rouge
cool:thumb: can you get HIDs that are white i dont like the blue. i hate being blinded and i dont want to be the one blinding people;)

I have 6000k HID's behind my low beam projectors. They put out really white light. I have also heard people talk about the whiteness of the 5000k HID's.

I don't like the blue ones either, especially the a** holes that don't know, or more likely don't care, that HID's behind regular lenses send too much light into the eyes of the oncoming drivers. I have relays that turn on all 6 of my lights on high beam when I encounter those douche bags.

I am waiting for my fog light projectors to arrive any day now. That way I'll have HID's in the lows and the fogs.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
how much would a full set of lets say 5000k HIDs cost not including the fogs? would $100 or so do it?

i have the 5k's in my truck and they are very white with a light blue hue to it. 4,300 hids are yellow and the 6k's are blue. I bought mine through VVME.com for 62 bucks shipped. hadn them for over a year and no issues to date

guess im one of those asses too, though ive been shined by many guys with the same lights as i, drivin down the road in my GF ford fucus (yes i spelled that right lol) and it has yet to cause me an issue. flashing all your lights on at me wont do you much good either, 7 HIDs shined back at you will kill your night vision

Last edited:

Heavyfuel

Dec 29, 2009
Windsor, CO
i got these from advanceaerosports.com, every set of aftermarket lamps ive ever got have leaked or fogged up except for these *fingers crossed*
the markers are flat tinted factory though

Heavyfuel

Dec 29, 2009
Windsor, CO
Damn the front of that truck looks good.:gmc: The matte black on the bumper lights is a hell of a good idea, it matches the other unpainted plastic.
Have you painted the back bumper too?

thanks alot. yeah powdercoated the front and rear bumpers and had krusty do all of the paint work.