Who knows how to put a durmax in a HUMMER H2?

h2 dieselman

Mar 7, 2009
Hello everyone,

I'm new here and I want to say this site/ forum is fantastic thanks to people who share their knowledge and experience. I figure this would be my one stop forum because I've read many knowledgeable posts. I have a project which would be underway this summer and am in the process of gathering parts and information. I own a 2005 Chevy 3/4 ton 4x4 with a duramax LLY/ allison setup. My friend is going to sell me his 05 Hummer H2. I was wondering if anyone here is familiar or has experience with this swap. What is involved and is there major fabrication involved? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

MAXLLY

No Lemming Here
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
Clyde at Redline Diesel played a part in it, did it. Not sure exactly what did, he may have some answers for you.

Welocme aboard

Last edited:

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
One heck of a first project, good luck you will end up with a very rare item when you are done.

cdbright

JUST RENT IT
Dec 16, 2008
Salt Lake City, UT
there was a thread on here a couple months ago on it, there is a guy on here who has one, i am pretty sure it was done at a place out here in socal, i think it was Compton transmission or something like that. you should be able to find the thread, it was about a tranny over heating due to to much fluid in it.

Hope this helps:D

JS2TZU

Dec 3, 2008
Kauai Hawaii
gm made a couple and they always were in the shop for everything not working..just what i heard from a guy who works there...welcome

Our local fire dept has a diesel hummer and its always in the shop, my fireman buddy says anything and evrything has had to be changed at least twice.

Blueox03

Aug 12, 2006
Jackson County, MS
gm made a couple and they always were in the shop for everything not working..just what i heard from a guy who works there...welcome

Our local fire dept has a diesel hummer and its always in the shop, my fireman buddy says anything and evrything has had to be changed at least twice.

The only Diesel Hummers GM sold were H-1s and the HUMVEE military version. They came with 6.2, 6.5, or 6.5 TD depending on the year. The H-1 Alpha had a Duramax. The H-2 has not been offered with a diesel from GM, just conversions.

Most guys that work on HUMVEEs agree that they are junk, but if you beat the crap out of anything day in and day out you get that result....

Most of the Hummers in the fire service are gov surplus, at that point they're had their money rang out....

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
The only Diesel Hummers GM sold were H-1s and the HUMVEE military version. They came with 6.2, 6.5, or 6.5 TD depending on the year. The H-1 Alpha had a Duramax. The H-2 has not been offered with a diesel from GM, just conversions.

Most guys that work on HUMVEEs agree that they are junk, but if you beat the crap out of anything day in and day out you get that result....

Most of the Hummers in the fire service are gov surplus, at that point they're had their money rang out....

My Humvee has done great for 2 years and we try to find things to climb, hit runover they are fun trucks. My dad's buddy had a CIVI 95 hummer with the 6.5 it took it about 2 minutes to hit 60 but hey the cool factor was threw the roof.

h2 dieselman

Mar 7, 2009
Thanks for all your input; when and if I do this conversion...I'll have pictures and infos posted. Thanks again:D