• Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 2

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

carcrafter22

< Danger Ranger
Dec 22, 2006
Burleson,Tx
So which tire for me? I have 131,000 miles on my truck and this is the 3rd set of BFG A/T's (after running the factory bridgestones). I love the BFG a/t's they are quiet and have never left me stranded in any of the minor off roading I do for work purposes (oil field) and they ride great on the road. The downside is they wear uneven and I always need to have them balanced (yes I've tried different shops). I generally get around 40-45K miles from them which isnt too bad I guess but I dont haul very much with this truck just my 16ft trailer sometimes and my bass boat and its about 85% highway driving but the other 15% is muddy roads sometimes pulling people out of ditches no real "mudding" or anything like that but I cant afford to get stuck on a muddy road due to some highway only tires.

The time has come to get a new set and I dont think I want to deal with the rebalanceing and treadwear of the BFG's anymore so I am considering other tires. If you guys think the BFG's are the best and I will have the same problems with other tires I will go back with the BFG's.

Price isnt a factor here only performance, tread wear and ride quality in that order

Choices are w/ tire rack prices
BFG A/T $225
Michelin LTX A/T2 $225
Goodyear silent armor $235
Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 2 $217

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
none of the above, I highly recomend Hankook RF10 they are by far the best tire we have ever had on a truck. Theyre cheap, ride is perfect, and they wear like steel

E.carter

Feb 16, 2008
Princeton, Iowa
I personally really like the firestone destination mt's. I have had these on almost all of my trucks and for a mud tire they wear perfect and last a long time on the higway in my opinion. I have appx. 30k of very hard miles on them currently and they are still in decent shape and have never left me any where....( I hope they get me home from work tonight :rofl: ) Option 2 might be the revos. Compare them on the rack.

8lug

Escalade HD
Oct 16, 2009
Canada
Destination M/T's are good, I'd go Cepek FCII for all terrain, My last 3 or 4 sets have been Mickey Thompson Baja Claws, IMHO the best tire I have EVER ran as far as wear and aggression. Longest lasting mud tire I have ran and most aggressive tire I have found in a radial. Road noise is actually good when new but they get louder as they wear. As long as your not using your laptop as your sound system you'll be fine :) I also work oil field but I guess we get a little more sticky roads up here :) Mickey Thompson gets my vote, (Alot of guys are running the slightly less aggressive M/Ts with good results) Hope this helps.

68skylark455

Larry the "Stroker"
Aug 7, 2008
Texas
www.larrysperformancepalace.com
We just changed from the BFG's to the Goodyear MTR Kevlar. He is always down around Batson, Tx in the mud and trees and such. can't really give you an offroad perspective yet but all the way to AZ they were way quieter then the BFGs. They were a little taller but read as the same highth and size, the BFGs were just worn smooth out. His son has them on his 06 dodge and just loves them.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
a LOT of folks REALLY like the Mastercraft Courser C/T around here. One guy even managed to get over 100K miles out of set 315/70/17 on a mega cab. He reportedly drives like a grandma but still, they last forever and have enough lug to do good offroad and yet aren't as aggressive and loud on-road as your usual MT. They come HIGHLY recommended. I had a set of 315/75/16's and in the 30K miles I put on them (96 Dodge EC LB 2500 4wd 5-spd) still had 3/4 tread remaining when I sold the truck. :eek:

Cooper makes the Mastercrafts and also has their own version call the S/T but is just more money for the same basic tire.

Goodyear has also come out with a new cross terrain (for lack of a better class) that is more aggressive than AT but less aggressive than MT just like the Courser CT is. They are expensive though and at the moment I'm not much help because I can't remember the name of them. :eek: :joker:

Another tire that some friends have ran and had last a LONG time is a set of Mickey Thompson ATZ's. His are on 20s but he has around 65K miles on them when he sold his wheels n tires and they still had a few thousandths of usable tread left. Very impressive considering he claims to have never rotated or balanced them in the 35-someodd thousand miles he had them (he bought em used). :eek:

Michelin's last forever (my stockers did and so did the set I had on my 1500 Dodge) but they will leave you stranded in wet grass in 4wd let alone in any kind of slop. They are pretty much just an M&S road tire. They are good as long as you stay on pavement though. Even in the elements.

I don't have first hand experience with them, but my buddies say the Goodyear Silent Armors aren't worth having.

And I always hear good things about the Revos but have no experience with them whatsoever.

Good luck.

z79outlaw

Apr 20, 2007
Salem WI
I really liked the BFG A/T's I had, they looked good, wore good, didnt hinder my mileage, and I didnt have to pay for them since I got them in a trade. Other than the price I dont think there are any downsides to them.

The Neens

BFD
Staff member
Aug 10, 2006
Monrovia, Ca.
I've got over 60,000 miles on Toyo Open Country A/Ts...No off roading, but some hard street miles...Good looking, fairly quiet...

squeeky

EAT BEEF!!
Feb 11, 2009
Grand Rivers, KY
I had a set of Mastercraft Courser C/T on my 98 Cummins. They did very well. They was a 285/75/R16. I had over 45K on them and still had plenty of tread left on them.

JMDuramaxLB7

YOU SAID MEMBER!!!
Jun 3, 2007
Missouri
10 ply Nitto A/T's. Got 60k on my 285's on stock PYO's. These tires work well in all conditions and are very quiet on the highway. They do decent in the mud if you keep them spinning and they will woop a bf all terrain in the snow hands down and i have had both.