Which parts are needed????

MadMaxRacing

Jul 5, 2008
LMM frontend parts for racing.Would you go with cognito braces or billet centerlink ?This particular truck has 6" lift and 35" tires.(Sleeves are already on)...

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
I would think you would need a center link. But, maybe Simon or Dale will chime in they both have lifted trucks.

DuramaxPowered

Pushing my luck....
Jan 27, 2008
Monroe, MI
Centerlink..... Downside is poor turning radius, but they are the best for keeping front tires straight launching and pulling IMO

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
I dont think you need the centerlink unless you are planning to do a lot of racing
BUT I would recomend the braces i will never have a lifted GM with out them JMHO

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Cognito Tie-Rods and Centerlink braces will do ya fine. Unless you bend a centerlink, or have serious toe-in issues when you launch, I wouldn't bother replacing it.

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
I dont think you need the centerlink unless you are planning to do a lot of racing
BUT I would recomend the braces i will never have a lifted GM with out them JMHO

I would never have a GM truck period without braces:rofl:

I also have alifted truck and the sleeves and braces should do you fine. I drag race and Pull alot and have zero issues to date....... But blowing through wheel bearings is another story:D

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
We've seen a lifted truck even buckle a centerlink. We had to tow it backwards to get it off the track.

If you can run rims with alot of backspace it will help. The more the wheels stick out, the worse your problems will be.

I think it's time for a better solution. Some kind of brace that doesn't hurt turning radius, yet won't toe in on a 1.6 sixty foot time. It wasn't too long ago that 1.7's were considered to be blazing 60's. But those days are gone.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
i have a 4" tuff country that i have cranked to 6" total...my CV angles are just past level and i take the torsion bolts almost out when pulling but i have never had an issue with toe-in...i have a dual steering stabilizer kit and idler/pitman braces and sleeves...stock centerlink....havent had any issues with worn bearings/bushings since i threw away the FAGteck 6" lift

DuramaxPowered

Pushing my luck....
Jan 27, 2008
Monroe, MI
can it get worse lol How much more is it reduced ?

Oh Yeah, it will be worse with a straight centerlink...... I haven't measured, but on a full lock tight turn my guess is that it kills the radius a minimum of 25%... That being said I'm glad that I don't do really tight turns more than once a month or so :rofl:

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Another bad thing about a centerlink is you will where out your front tires sooner because it takes out all the ackermann (?sp)