Which one

Rwood1

Oct 4, 2015
I have a 2015 silverado LTZ 1500 now with14,000 miles but I am thinking about trading it for another diesel. The thing is I have never had a duramax always had Dodges. The one I'm looking at is a 2008 LTZ with 6"lift and 35's. It has 100,300 miles and I could get it for $33,500 that is being about $2000 upside down with my 1500. What does everyone think should I do it or not?

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I wouldn't. I have a preference to do my own modifications. Trucks that have lifts, big tires, tunes, etc potentially have been abused or driven hard. The transmission may be tired. Ball joints and other steering components worn out.

I would wait for one that is more stock for that price. The milage is fine but not the modifications. Unless you can verify that they wore done recently by a pro then take a pass

duramaxdiesel

Dmax Nut
Oct 23, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Bought my '08 LMM lifted on 35's too. First I brought it to my mechanic to make sure everything was done right and was tight. After his approval I bought it the very next day. Other than having to change the brakes and both wheel bearings, the truck has been great. I love the LTZ trim. Hate the faux wood though.

cstephens93

Oct 13, 2014
Tallahassee, FL
I would never buy a lifted truck. Every single lifted truck I have seen for sale in Florida has been driven by a teenager or has had some sort of programmer on it.

duramaxdiesel

Dmax Nut
Oct 23, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I hear ya. Most are like that. I know I lucked out. I actually didn't want one that was deleted. I wanted to delete it myself. Also, the lift was installed literally a month before I bought it.

DefiantArms

Limp Mode Cowboy
Jan 28, 2016
St. Augustine, FL
I remember driving to Sanford Fl a number of years ago and fell in love with a black 04 lifted dmax was a beautiful truck everything was beautiful and in emaculant condition told them to draw up the paperwork as I was looking in the interior I opened the center console and the console had about 4" of water in it. Come to find out it was a flood truck from Katrina they picked up at auction and we're trying to resale