which efi tune?

dirty max 2500

gutter butter
Oct 24, 2014
california
Hi my ecm went out on my 2002 duramax LB7.i sent it in to so cal diesel. The guys there were very nice but I didn't want to burden them with my 21 ?s.lol I thought I would take it to the forums.so he Said there is a light , economy, and heavy tow tune and can program it into my new ecm.my truck is a welding rig loaded with about 3000 lbs.which one should I get? What are the characteristics of the three? whats The difference in mpg, torque, and horse power.can it still pass smog iam in cali.are they hard on the engine and tranny? I don't plan on doing any upgrades except for efi live.thanks .

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
those are excellent questions................. for Socal Diesel, the one tuning your ECM. :D they would know their own tuning best and can help you out as to what would suit you best.

pizza pig

I Like to Party
Feb 13, 2012
CT
Guy uses Tony's (Ridge Runner Diesel) Tuning as far as I know. Have you thought about a dsp2 or dsp5 switch that gives you, the end user the option of what tune to run? My brothers tow/plow/work truck has tony's tow tune flashed in it and runs awesome. If you dont have gauges I would play it on the safe side. :thumb:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
those are excellent questions................. for Socal Diesel, the one tuning your ECM. :D they would know their own tuning best and can help you out as to what would suit you best.

A-freaking-men. :thumb: When did this forum turn into a run-of-the-mill "Duramax 101" site, anyways?

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
I agree, I feel bad abt asking lots of questions. But it's stuff the shop working with you should ask before tuning your ecm.

dirty max 2500

gutter butter
Oct 24, 2014
california
I decided to go with the economy tune... i just wanted to see if they were accurate and if anybody had any first hand experience.i don't feel bad about asking questions it's not like you have to participate in the thread.iam sure there are less sarcastic members that don't mind.pizza pig thanks for the tip I got some gauges also.thanks guys have a good night.

The Neens

BFD
Staff member
Aug 10, 2006
Monrovia, Ca.
A-freaking-men. :thumb: When did this forum turn into a run-of-the-mill "Duramax 101" site, anyways?

Look at his join date & post count, then take a deep breath and chill out :hug:
He's asking about SoCal Diesel tuning options, what forum would you like him to go to?