Where to find Transynd?

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
South Central Pennsylvania
Where do you find Transynd, and what is the approximate cost? I went to the closest Allison dealer (hr away) today to get a filter and asked them about it. They had an off brand, fleetguard (?), but no Transynd. Their off brand was $50/gal :eek:
Called the local farm store who sells Castrol and all he could get it in was 5gal, 55gal, and 250gal. I only need 7 quarts.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Where do you find Transynd, and what is the approximate cost? I went to the closest Allison dealer (hr away) today to get a filter and asked them about it. They had an off brand, fleetguard (?), but no Transynd. Their off brand was $50/gal :eek:
Called the local farm store who sells Castrol and all he could get it in was 5gal, 55gal, and 250gal. I only need 7 quarts.

Go to another Allison dealer I pay 40$ a gallon for Transynd

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
Call around, Ive found big rig shops to have the best price. Its crazy that the same part is can be a great deal somewhere & a total rip somewhere else. $40 is a good price, Ive seen up to $80 a gallon:eek:

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
Thanks guys. The Allison site lists another dealer about 6 miles away, I'll call them tomorrow.
I am thinking my current dealer is a little high priced because the spin-on costs me about $12. Seems a little more than some have mentioned.

BIG DIPPER

Nov 6, 2006
Thanks guys. The Allison site lists another dealer about 6 miles away, I'll call them tomorrow.
I am thinking my current dealer is a little high priced because the spin-on costs me about $12. Seems a little more than some have mentioned.

Where are you located?

racinmike77

Sep 14, 2008
MD
the dealer in hagerstown is pretty good, $8 spin ons and transynd is $35 a gallon. Probably 2 hours or so to drive though.

BLACKLBZ

Speed Junkie
Dec 6, 2008
Cincinnati
Wow! The dealership in eastern Cincinnati tried to get me for $37 for one spin on filter.:mad: I wouldn't even ask them how much for transynd. Lucky for me, Miami Valley International is 20 minutes up the road. $6 apiece for filters and I think they said around $40 a gallon for Transynd, but I'm not positive because the shop that did my SCIII filled it with Transynd and I never looked at the itemized prices.

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
I called the other dealer today and they had Transynd (even listed it on the recording while on hold) and I got it for $34.42/gal. So I got two. I need to drive about an hour but needless to say I found my new Alli dealer.
Just for curiousity i asked the price of the spin-on, it was $8.

Big Dipper, I am located in central PA west of Harrisburg.

Last edited:

Dirtbikindad393

Nov 2, 2008
Moorpark, CA
Wow to drive an hour or as another guy said in an ealier post 2 hrs to get oil at 34/gal when you could get it slightly cheaper online from Amsoil on the wholesale Pref Cust account and the shipping would be far less than the fuel to drive for it. 2 gals would be approx 9.85 shipping give or take .15 cents, thats 3 gallons of fuel. You will spend more than that driving 1 hour between time & fuel. Nothing wrong with it just saying it would save you money to use the Amsoil product.

racinmike77

Sep 14, 2008
MD
I called the other dealer today and they had Transynd (even listed it on the recording while on hold) and I got it for $34.42/gal. So I got two. I need to drive about an hour but needless to say I found my new Alli dealer.
Just for curiousity i asked the price of the spin-on, it was $8.

Big Dipper, I am located in central PA west of Harrisburg.

cool man:cool::cool:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Wow to drive an hour or as another guy said in an ealier post 2 hrs to get oil at 34/gal when you could get it slightly cheaper online from Amsoil on the wholesale Pref Cust account and the shipping would be far less than the fuel to drive for it. 2 gals would be approx 9.85 shipping give or take .15 cents, thats 3 gallons of fuel. You will spend more than that driving 1 hour between time & fuel. Nothing wrong with it just saying it would save you money to use the Amsoil product.

Some just want to run transynd? I know I do? I run amsoil in everything else except my transmission...

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008

I am one of those people that want to run Transynd. I guess due to the extensive research done by Allison and their stamp of approval. After talking to the service techs at the dealer I feel I made the right choice. I like the extended drain intervals it offers also. In this particular case I needed to go to the dealer anyhow for the spin-on, which is what started this expensive mess. Then later I found I needed the internal filter also, another dealer item.

Another reason - I am an impatient person, I like to be able to go and get a product at my convenience. I don't like to wait on shipping and then have to deal with a hassle of shipping it back or some other inconvenience if something is forgotten, misplaced, mislabeled etc.

I am not disagreeing that Amsoil is not a good product, but on the other hand it is not Allison approved. Which might not mean much at all, but for my piece of mind it does.
In fact I noticed an Amsoil dealer sign today in my small town, and talked to a friend of mine (whos opinion I respect) who gave Amsoil very good reviews from the products he ran in his enduro bike. I have thought about using their differential fluid in my rear diff, which needs changed in about 5k mi. Truth be told it is between Amsoil and Mobil. I base my fluid choices on alot of research into certain products, and talking to people I know that run said product.

Now can we call a truce the Amsoil jihad against all other oil manufacturers :D

Dirtbikindad393

Nov 2, 2008
Moorpark, CA
I am one of those people that want to run Transynd. I guess due to the extensive research done by Allison and their stamp of approval. After talking to the service techs at the dealer I feel I made the right choice. I like the extended drain intervals it offers also. In this particular case I needed to go to the dealer anyhow for the spin-on, which is what started this expensive mess. Then later I found I needed the internal filter also, another dealer item.

Another reason - I am an impatient person, I like to be able to go and get a product at my convenience. I don't like to wait on shipping and then have to deal with a hassle of shipping it back or some other inconvenience if something is forgotten, misplaced, mislabeled etc.

I am not disagreeing that Amsoil is not a good product, but on the other hand it is not Allison approved. Which might not mean much at all, but for my piece of mind it does.
In fact I noticed an Amsoil dealer sign today in my small town, and talked to a friend of mine (whos opinion I respect) who gave Amsoil very good reviews from the products he ran in his enduro bike. I have thought about using their differential fluid in my rear diff, which needs changed in about 5k mi. Truth be told it is between Amsoil and Mobil. I base my fluid choices on alot of research into certain products, and talking to people I know that run said product.

Now can we call a truce the Amsoil jihad against all other oil manufacturers :D

LOL thats funny. I can see that I am impatient too! :thumb:

Actually Amsoil is approved by Allison for use however isn't certified by Allison so it at this time it won't be good for an Allison extended warranty. It is in the works with Allison and should be certified.

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
LOL thats funny. I can see that I am impatient too! :thumb:

Actually Amsoil is approved by Allison for use however isn't certified by Allison so it at this time it won't be good for an Allison extended warranty. It is in the works with Allison and should be certified.

Good to know. Hopefully they can get the Allison certification. The lack of certification probably steers alot of people, myself included, away from their product.

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
Ive always heard that you have to pay for the certification & Amsoil decided not to. If it wasn't made specifically for use in an Allison I wouldn't use it.