Where has McRat been?

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
What an ahole! He starts a board, then ignores it.:mad:

Well, I still drive Dmaxes every day. I'm no longer tuning or selling parts though. And I'm not modifying trucks much as of late, nor entering competition events either. It's been over a year since I attended a competition event.

Raising kids has been my #1 priority lately. And I let my job suffer from racing, and have finally repaired that.

Luckily we have an excellent tech admin, Rob (Poltergeist), and a great crew of Moderators who have kept the site running top notch.

I do not know when or if I'm going back to diesel competition. Who knows? I started competition in 1975 with motorcycle racing. And lately, I've been getting back into motorcycles.

After over 90,000 miles of serious abuse, Wendy just stopped by Mike L's for for some Bruce Jennering, err, Tranny Love. Freshened up Wendy's trans (for the younguns, one of the first 12 second LBZ's) and it clicks them off sharp again.

Big Blue (2004.5 LLY 3500SRW) is still kicking, and so is Casper (2005 LLY), drove both of them this weekend.

But my next serious outing (har to Bruce), will be the Barstow to Vegas motorcycle desert event riding a KTM 500EXC.

There have been over a dozen offers to buy this site for a Spammer Board by big marketing companies. We aren't doing that. Money isn't everything. You don't sell your friends.

I will try and participate more. And hopefully my son Tom (15.5 years old) who is driving Wendy will start to participate, and hopefully he can continue the Hotrod Dream.

AND

Most of all, a big loving kiss to my wife Kathy (Kat) who has put up with my insanity over these years. Without her, this board would folded long ago.

Big Thanks to all of you, members, staff, and advertisers, for keeping the site running.:hug:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Who? :roflmao:

Hi Pat! Long time.......

I just cant picture you riding a KTM on a desert course, though. I keep thinking of Chris Farley saying, "Big man on a little Bike!" or John Pinette doing his "Get out of my way!" voice. :roflmao: Do they even make Hawaiian shirt motif racing suits?

I would hope you and Kat never sell the site, but things happen. Give the membership an opportunity to buy it first.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Who? :roflmao:

Hi Pat! Long time.......

I just cant picture you riding a KTM on a desert course, though. I keep thinking of Chris Farley saying, "Big man on a little Bike!" or John Pinette doing his "Get out of my way!" voice. :roflmao: Do they even make Hawaiian shirt motif racing suits?

I would hope you and Kat never sell the site, but things happen. Give the membership an opportunity to buy it first.

A KTM is to the dirt, what a Duramax is to diesels. The Best.:D

To ride a KTM, you must dress up like the Great Pumpkin. All Orange. :rofl:

If we do somehow retire the site, it will be only be to a hardcore enthusiast. It doesn't turn a profit, but we will let the new victim in on the secret.

:hug:

Robby05

Jul 25, 2014
Spokane, WA
Being one of the younguns of the site, I love when I search for something & it results in one of your threads. Lots of good info in all your posts. Thanks.

Kamilmk

Aug 13, 2015
Seymour, CT
Glad to see and know you're still lurking around these corners! I've tracked back and also read quite a few threads from years back, great reads. Thanks!!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
4 to 2 wheels shaved the chops down..
10930089_10206225669868500_5624818552280365277_n.jpg

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
But my next serious outing (har to Bruce), will be the Barstow to Vegas motorcycle desert event riding a KTM 500EXC.

OH Darn I have to meet you in Vegas... I better leave on Friday to make sure I get there before Saturday afternoon. :woott::roflmao:

Still not sure how this theng has a plate.

Attachments

• 10629749_10207050966380397_3762618470913746614_n.jpg
    10629749_10207050966380397_3762618470913746614_n.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 146

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Heck ya! I love dirt bikes. KTM is the only brand I have yet to own... I plan on changing that when I move out of Ak. 250sx 2-stroke with the 300 cylinder on it should put me back in the hospital in no time:rofl:

What class are you racing Pat?

RKTMech

Idiot with a wrench
Aug 18, 2008
The Norco's
Its a District37 desert ride. Palmdale to barfstow to Vegas. Not a race just a 2 day event following a roll charted route. Pat has a KTM 300 2 smoker he'd much rather ride, but this is kalifornia and you cant plate two strokes and the ride requires the bike to be street legal, so dual sport bikes it is!

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Wow...what a post, Pat.
Glad to hear youve got your priorities where you want them and are also entertaining an old flame (dirt bikes, Kat! Dirt bikes!) I love hearing that your family is growing up, I remember the post where you wired their computer or game/TV to a arobic cycle...now I read about the owner of 5hr energy "pioneering" the same tech as a "free energy" program, and I laugh and think Pat did that years ago! Genuis...and the whole water cooling thread and the protein folding...all the tech you've been involved with, and your documentation, its inspiring.

Not tooting my own horn, but rather paying homage...I followed your tutorial for valve lash adjustment and I've had mechanics say my rig is the quietest operating Dmax they've ever heard :hug:

I dont know you, but I feel like I know you more than a stranger fer sure ya know! Lol
You're definitely someone I'd like the privilege to meet and watch work :)

Thank you for all you and Kat have contributed to this sport and industry, and thank you for this site, and all that's come from it that was allowed to transpire and now stored in the archives and available to our disposal... its pretty cool to see a band of misfits come together like the dysfunctional family we all have kinda become here, either fully immersed, participating when we can or jist looking in from the out...I would hope that it never changed, but even the very best things don't last forever.

I have a feeling that you and your family will continue on with motorsports for a long time to come, with the same cutting edge grassroots style and determination you started this site with, and continued success...

Kiss azz sess over :D

Cheers dude, don't be a stranger ;)
Or any stranger than you already are...please
:spit:

Last edited:

mechman3

no such thing as too fast
Jan 7, 2015
Saratoga Springs, Utah
KUDOS PAT!!!! Way to set the example that being a parent is important. If I knew nothing else about you, uh which I don't, I would say your wife and kids are lucky. I wish more people realized that success outside of the home does not compensate for failure within the home. In the meantime enjoy the ride on the KTM it is a fun one. Great that you have involved the family