Wheel spacers with H2 rims

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
Does anyone know the size of the wheel spacers that I need to run the h2 rims with my tuff country lift. I doubt its much of a spacer but need to know so I can clear the spindles with 33" tires. Thanks Eric

WSUcowboy

500 club baby!!
Aug 7, 2006
Spokane, WA
you need to have 4.5" of backspacing on the wheels to clear the spindles. IIRC the H2 rims are 5.5" meaning you need 1" spacers. -Jeff

trailerpro

Aug 6, 2006
Salem, Ohio
I used 3/8" spacers I think. My lug nuts don't thread all the way on but I can't put any skinnier spacer on or the tire will rub.

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
I am looking at purchasing a 4" Tuff Country lift from Tony this spring. I run H2's and know I will need a spacer (most likely will purchase at the same time), but what I'm wondering is whether or not I should upgrade my upper control arms to the Cognito's as well at the same time.

I've heard the Cognito UCA's caused issues with H2's, but would the .400" spacer be enough and are they necessary?

I will have 80K on the truck and know the balljoints will have to be replaced at some point. I have "heard" the stock upper balljoints aren't made to be easily replaced but with the Cognito's they are bolt in, plus the Cognito UCA's provide a better balljoint angle (not sure if the OEM ones have any issues when lifted).

Thoughts???

TNRGreene

Kicked to the Curb
Sep 2, 2006
Bradenton, Florida
I am looking at purchasing a 4" Tuff Country lift from Tony this spring. I run H2's and know I will need a spacer (most likely will purchase at the same time), but what I'm wondering is whether or not I should upgrade my upper control arms to the Cognito's as well at the same time.

I've heard the Cognito UCA's caused issues with H2's, but would the .400" spacer be enough and are they necessary?

I will have 80K on the truck and know the balljoints will have to be replaced at some point. I have "heard" the stock upper balljoints aren't made to be easily replaced but with the Cognito's they are bolt in, plus the Cognito UCA's provide a better balljoint angle (not sure if the OEM ones have any issues when lifted).

Thoughts???

.400 is the minimum. I'm not sure but like above I use old rotors

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
Todd,

Any idea on the width of an old rotor? I have access to a large supply of them.

Also what size tire are you able to run.

I was hoping to get a 33x12.5R17 TrXus STS or Cooper STT on there.

Edit: Are you running the OEM UCA? Have the balljoints been replaced?

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks,
Chris

Last edited:

TNRGreene

Kicked to the Curb
Sep 2, 2006
Bradenton, Florida
Todd,

Any idea on the width of an old rotor? I have access to a large supply of them.

Also what size tire are you able to run.

I was hoping to get a 33x12.5R17 TrXus STS or Cooper STT on there.

Edit: Are you running the OEM UCA? Have the balljoints been replaced?

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks,
Chris

I believe they are .4 width
Tony and Tomac both ran those tires with this setup, I only ran 295/70-17 on my truck
OEM UCA's balljoints have not been replaced

Last edited: