LLY: Whats Needed to Install LLY Injectors?

Lparrill

And here we go again
Jul 30, 2010
Lander, WY
I bought some LLY injectors for my truck. What will I need to install them? Do I need to replace the copper o-rings and injector seals?

Motor was assembled 6k miles ago but they used the II injectors from before it was built and surprise surprise they went bad.

OnTheFritz

Sep 28, 2012
Butler, PA
Were did you get them from? Don't most places give them to you when you get a set of injectors? Be careful with the plastic return tees, don't ask how I know! Lol

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Looking at your sig you have a good built truck, assuming you bought it like that since you don't know how to change the injectors? You'll need 17mm wrench, 10-14mm wrenches, the copper washer and o rings. Not very hard to do at all just driver side has a few things in the way that need to be moved. I would blow some air around the injectors before pulling them so no trash falls into the cylinder when wiggling out the injectors.

Lparrill

And here we go again
Jul 30, 2010
Lander, WY
Were did you get them from? Don't most places give them to you when you get a set of injectors? Be careful with the plastic return tees, don't ask how I know! Lol

The ones I got don't come with them. And noted lol

yes to both. some people re-use the copper washers by lightly sanding them down but for the price just buy new ones.

Alright, I'd much rather put in new ones. Cheap insurance

Looking at your sig you have a good built truck, assuming you bought it like that since you don't know how to change the injectors? You'll need 17mm wrench, 10-14mm wrenches, the copper washer and o rings. Not very hard to do at all just driver side has a few things in the way that need to be moved. I would blow some air around the injectors before pulling them so no trash falls into the cylinder when wiggling out the injectors.

Yes sir, bought it more or less as it sits. Was just starting to enjoy it when I must've got bad fuel

Thanks Henry! Will be putting in an order today.

Lparrill

And here we go again
Jul 30, 2010
Lander, WY
they are pretty cheap at the dealer ship if you dont want to wait on shipping

I'll just order them. I don't get off hitch for another week anyway, besides the stealership here is not someplace I want to give any business to.

Much easier that way, I'm in the middle of a motor build and I can't wait any longer. Lol.

Yes and no. Definitely cheaper lol but there are some things with this truck that I just don't know what they were thinking when they did it. When you do it yourself you know exactly what you get. You need to start a build thread. Always loved your truck. It was actually alot of inspiration to my old 05 CCSB black lly. :thumb:

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Yes and no. Definitely cheaper lol but there are some things with this truck that I just don't know what they were thinking when they did it. When you do it yourself you know exactly what you get. You need to start a build thread. Always loved your truck. It was actually alot of inspiration to my old 05 CCSB black lly. :thumb:

Ya that's the only down fall is you don't know what exactly they did to it and not done the way you want it,but sometimes you get lucky and it's built right. I've for a thread this is it. Just haven't updated it because I've been waiting on the machine shop to finish which should be this next week or so.
Time-to-build-the-motor
http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49616

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I ordered a dang kent moore tool to pull one them. One of them is stuck with a huge pry bar. That is also a very good price on washers and orings from Henry. I'll have to order a set too.