What upgrades to do next?

Aaronleearthur

Jun 23, 2014
I'm wanting to do some more upgrades to my lmm. I'm wanting more power. I don't really race alot but do like it to be quick if someone pulls up next to me lol. I pull a 40 ft gooseneck with side by sides quite often also. What should be my next upgrades to go with? I was thinking about a torque converter but know nothing about what to go with or anything like that. Was also thinking about the fass 150. What's your opinions on these and what else should I do? Everything I have done to it as of now is in the signature. Thank yal

cdbright

JUST RENT IT
Dec 16, 2008
Salt Lake City, UT
yes i have same truck and just did EFi again, it wakes her up tremendously, i can spin tires all day but now i need a lift pump to keep the fuel up, then the trans will need a build if i go more power, you are going to be maxed before you get 500 HP at wheels until you build the trans

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Lift pump, trans, T-case pump rub eliminator, EFI-L, S472 or 75 over stock twin kit, DP H2O pump, small(ish) set of injectors, gears (cuz U liftd bro) trac bars, and lower your front end to get the CV's slightly negative then upgrade all the IFS parts...
:D

Aaronleearthur

Jun 23, 2014
I'm sorry i updated my signature before this post i guess i deleted that I have efi live. I plan on getting a lift pump soon st I'll debating on the fass or air dog. Also heard the Kennedy was good also. And then I guess I'll be saving for the trans. Thank yal for the help

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
I'm sorry i updated my signature before this post i guess i deleted that I have efi live. I plan on getting a lift pump soon st I'll debating on the fass or air dog. Also heard the Kennedy was good also. And then I guess I'll be saving for the trans. Thank yal for the help

If you have EFI already then you defenitely need a lift pump, and up next is the trans fer sure...obviouslly you still need to have a re-tune for major upgrades:thumb:

Aaronleearthur

Jun 23, 2014
Apparently I forgot to add a few things. I've also got the Putman arm and idler arm brackets with bigger tie rods. Yea were still working on tuning I've got a buddy of mine tuning it and he's working on me a few more. Mines more like 5he guinea pig on the tuning

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
What is the transfer case pump rub kit? I've never heard of it

The gearator pump that slings oil in the T-case is known to move and rub the rear housing, eventually putting a weep hole in the soft magnesium rear case half...and its only leaking and evident when the truck is in motion so the leak relarely gets detected...this is bad, cuz you can literally pretty much run the case dry and grenade the T-case...obviously if youve already upped the powa output and you're doing boosted 4x4 launches the pump rub is gonna be more likely to happen

There are several fixes for it, some much better than others, I lkke the Sonnax version which I think is what Merchant Auto sells branded w/their logo...

Get er done when ya build the trans

Huffy67

Dec 26, 2014
Arkansas
LMM-LML have different transfer cases and do not require pump rub kits. You pretty much need a built Trans and lift pump...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
LMM-LML have different transfer cases and do not require pump rub kits. You pretty much need a built Trans and lift pump...

Lol, youre sure right!
Im stuck in GMT800 land:eek:

Completely different T-case in the GMT900, all aluminum IIRC, no pump rub kit needed AFAIK

Huffy67

Dec 26, 2014
Arkansas
Lol yeah, I like the classics my self, the new body style still hasn't grown on me enough to get one.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Lol yeah, I like the classics my self, the new body style still hasn't grown on me enough to get one.

I dunno man, theyve really started to grow on me in the last year or so...
I just cant afford a new(er) one LMAO!

Huffy67

Dec 26, 2014
Arkansas
I do see some that are VERY appealing but they are also very far out of my price range!!