LB7: What to do about peeling Chrome

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
I was pressure washing my truck and blew off some of the chrome from the center grill bar. I have been thinking about painting it black, but then I have the chrome on the bumper I would have match and I would like some chrome to break up the red and black. Any suggestion on what to do???

workin' diesel

factory tuned
Nov 13, 2010
Coalhust, AB Canada
I painted my center bar a satin black color. Bumper is still chrome, wheels are chrome. Still looks good. It is dark right now, but maybe I can take a picture of it tomorrow. I think it looks pretty good.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
PLASTI DIP! rubberized coating that works amazing, doesn't come off in a car wash but you can peel it off if you don't like at any time. my grill bar and mirror covers are all done, i8ts been holding on a year and no damage to it.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM

Kappa9012

MAN.... I Broke it again.
Aug 5, 2008
Peoria Il
I just plasti-dip'd my wheels... fugging awesome stuff. and it's cheap. Also if you don't like it... it'll peal right off, no residue no tool required. Strong enough though to stand up to pressure washing and normal abuse.

PS DBush the grill looks nice. I think it's a nice contrast to the rest of the truck.

djhanks

Aug 15, 2013
If there is a sign shop around your area you can always get them to wrap it for cheap. If you don't like it just peel it off.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
I just plasti-dip'd my wheels... fugging awesome stuff. and it's cheap. Also if you don't like it... it'll peal right off, no residue no tool required. Strong enough though to stand up to pressure washing and normal abuse.

PS DBush the grill looks nice. I think it's a nice contrast to the rest of the truck.

Thanks for the compliment! It's still holding up pretty well too. A few chips here and there but that's to be expected being that its on the front of a vehicle.