what should be my next upgrade?

Addiction

sideways
Jan 7, 2014
NC
alright guys selling a few things this week so i can buy more mods :woott: having a tough time deciding what would be best for my truck next. ill have about 200-300 to spend. i was maybe thinking a full EGR delete? or should i just save money and go with a blocker plate? and if i go that route what other "small" upgrade should i do with the left over money? thanks for the input!

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
I think a full egr delete would be a good idea. Or tuck that money away and save it for a built transmission.

Addiction

sideways
Jan 7, 2014
NC
im kinda thinking the full EGR delete would be a good route togo too..but there is no way i can save for a trans right now haha. i want to do all the supporting small mods. the ones that dont really add power now so i dont have to worry about them later. trans will come after small "preventive" mods are done and b4 the major mods get purchased.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Gauges aren't a bad idea for a tuned truck...
About $130 each, on average, and a pillar pod is about $60 iirc

Have you installed a lift pump yet...?
It's a bit more than you're looking to spend, but one of the most important mods I can think of when starting out, preserve those injectors and CP3:thumb:
Lift pumps go for about $550+

Then a full EGR delete is a good next step if you don't have to worry about emissions, a blocker plate is effective for guys needing to switch between being emissions compliant and hot rodder friendly.
EGR delete kits vary greatly in cost, anywhere from 350- over $1G, blocker plates are like $35

A TransGo Jr valve body kit is a really good idea for a tuned LBZ, they're pretty cheap, make the transmission shift better, IMHO...and add a little bit added security against clutch failure, a little bit...
TransGo Jr kits can be had for 100-150

I'm a fan of BT Dieselworks (Ben Tyler) lock up box....
Icr how much...I wanna say $550

Getting started on the front end parts isn't a bad idea...tie rods, idler pivot assembly, cognito braces (some hate em, some swear by em) or a center link brace

You could get started on a good set of shocks, like rancho 9000 adjustable, or QA1 adjustable shocks
275-450(set of two)

There's a ton you can do for a 300-700 price point....you gotta figure out what's most important, I think a lift pump is pretty important ;)

Last edited:

Addiction

sideways
Jan 7, 2014
NC
Gauges aren't a bad idea for a tuned truck...
About $130 each, on average, and a pillar pod is about $60 iirc

Have you installed a lift pump yet...?
It's a bit more than you're looking to spend, but one of the most important mods I can think of when starting out, preserve those injectors and CP3:thumb:
Lift pumps go for about $550+

Then a full EGR delete is a good next step if you don't have to worry about emissions, a blocker plate is effective for guys needing to switch between being emissions compliant and hot rodder friendly.
EGR delete kits vary greatly in cost, anywhere from 350- over $1G, blocker plates are like $35

A TransGo Jr valve body kit is a really good idea for a tuned LBZ, they're pretty cheap, make the transmission shift better, IMHO...and add a little bit added security against clutch failure, a little bit...
TransGo Jr kits can be had for 100-150

I'm a fan of BT Dieselworks (Ben Tyler) lock up box....
Icr how much...I wanna say $550

Getting started on the front end parts isn't a bad idea...tie rods, idler pivot assembly, cognito braces (some hate em, some swear by em) or a center link brace

You could get started on a good set of shocks, like rancho 9000 adjustable, or QA1 adjustable shocks
275-450(set of two)

There's a ton you can do for a 300-700 price point....you gotta figure out what's most important, I think a lift pump is pretty important ;)

thanks man! lots of good advice for sure. i may go the lift pump and blocker route and go full EGR delete later on. this isnt my first rodeo building a diesel but its my first duramax. got a little bit of thinking and planning to do!

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
thanks man! lots of good advice for sure. i may go the lift pump and blocker route and go full EGR delete later on. this isnt my first rodeo building a diesel but its my first duramax. got a little bit of thinking and planning to do!

Your welcome :)

Well with some experience already under your belt and this site as a guide, you should make quick work of your goals:thumb:

I've found The best way to search this forum is to use the advanced search function in the search bar, if you hadn't already figured that one out;)

There's plenty of really awesome vendors here on the forum that aren't afraid of the phone, I've learned allot just by picking up the phone and talking to several of the vendors here and have always been treated well, most are willing to help as it typically generates sales, so don't forget where you get your info and guidance:hug:

Have fun:happy2: