What Impact Gun you running?

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
Looking to replace my 30+ year old Sioux :)confused:) 1/2" impact gun. Works just fine, never really had an issue with it removing something, but Id like to upgrade. Got a 100gallon 175psi compressor to push it so no problem with air supply. What are you guys using, how much was it, and how do you like it? Oh, and pics!

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
I Love my Snap-On XT-7100, its a brute! But light for its power/size, its a magnesium case, fac. filled with syn RedLine oil! Nice Gun and i use the hell outta it cause im a tech so theres a good testament for it! IIRC, about $400 bucks. I Love Ingersoll but ive seen alot on his tool truck with broken anvils? Cheers!

Last edited:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
IR Titanium. It's light, small, and packs a wallop. It will actually fit between the firewall and FPRV to remove the valve for the shim mod. I do not endorse this, since if you aren't careful it will round off the hex.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
matco titanium spendy but the best impact i have ever owned . here are the specs . i wouldnt buy for home use unless you have the money i use mine daily so its easier to justify . i would recomend you get a 3/8 drive also the size comes in handy .

Power: 780 ft-lbs max power in reverse from a tool weighing just 3.95lbs, the best power to weight ratio in its class.
1,100 ft-lbs of nut busting torque.
Control: New professional touch trigger, a wider range of power regulator settings in forward, and our patented push button fwd/rev provide maximum control.

Attachments

• IR2135TIMAX.jpg
    IR2135TIMAX.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
IR Titanium. It's light, small, and packs a wallop. It will actually fit between the firewall and FPRV to remove the valve for the shim mod. I do not endorse this, since if you aren't careful it will round off the hex.

IR make the guns for matco they are the same gun but the matcos are more money , i bought the matco cause of warrenty ease and they take payments weeklyinterest free :D mine actually says matco and the case is a little diff cosmetically but they are still the same .

Last edited:

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
Thanks so far guys. I have a SnapOn and Matco truck that come by the shop weekly so maybe Ill grab a nice one off the truck since I can do the payment deal on it.

Ive got a cheapy 3/8" Husky that I use the crap out of...... thats next for upgrades as well as a 1/4" air ratchet.

bonescarolfi

Sep 3, 2008
Marshfield WI
I have the Matco one and love it. A few other guys that i work with also have it and pretty much everybody else has the IR impact. Snap On cost too much, is heavier, and doesn't seem to have as much power.

dmaxvaz

wannabe puller
Nov 22, 2006
METRO DETROIT
i have the matco one and love it. A few other guys that i work with also have it and pretty much everybody else has the ir impact. Snap on cost too much, is heavier, and doesn't seem to have as much power.
the ir titanium is what i have, the matco and mac titanium are the same thing.

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
IR 231 here as well. Affordable and dependable.

I am planning to get a Makita LXT 3/8 lithium for teardowns, etc. Nice to have an electric one around for the smaller jobs. We use them at work so all I need to do is get a bare tool and the rep will give me some batteries and a charger.;)

Turbotug

BEER SLAYER
Sep 3, 2006
Phoenix
IR Titanium and 231, also a Snap-on 5100 (I think) in 1/2". 2 Snap-on 3/8" and a Blue Point as well.

Once I bought the Titanium the rest of my 1/2" have collected dust..

Huntinducks82

Apr 21, 2008
Centerville MD
We have an IR air gun half inch that is great when we use it. I purchased a snap on battery pack impact gun a couple of months ago and absolutly love it. You dont have to pull an air hose with it and it will break most of the nuts and things loose that i have worked on. I would recomend this impacted gun to anyone that turns wrenchs for a liven.

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
I have a IR composite 3/4 and 1/2 guns that I use daily. I bought these before the TI versions came out and when I wear these guns out I will buy the TI versions. I also have a 3/8 snap on that I hate, it very powerful i just think it is ugly. I also use a 3/8 and 1/4 MAC air ratchets and love them.

E.carter

Feb 16, 2008
Princeton, Iowa
Impacts

I have a mac 1 inch beast, mac 3/4, New mac Aw5500M 1/2 that I traded my ir titanium for. (great trade) the mac out performs the ir 2135t. I have the snap on 18v h.o 1/2 electric inpact and makita 18v 3/8 with the 3.0 lithium ion batteries I have run about every tool company's guns and these are the ones I like until a better one comes out:D

Last edited: