Were to put all the guages!!

Mpsoldier

That just happened!
Mar 10, 2010
In my House
ok guys i been thinking about this and seaching for the past week on these lmms and the guage locations. all i can find is the three pillar cool :thumb: but not going to hold them all.
EGT, BOOST, BOOST TOTAL, DRIVE PRESSURE, FUEL PRESSURE,
These are the important ones this is my dd so i dont want them everywere but easy to see and out of the way at same time.
Pic of others would help alot.:thumb:
any suggestions or leads also thanks guys.

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
bxe2DVaATuDw9pfsXzYss2Y4XGHexIkyhO5BwhdL2GbndtR4V4MNApJTFzgE_jaBI7qier6JD4T7y35g7cg-IKM-VpGzc5j5gAlPtg0tMhG4mhYkUVQlvBf6c9XaOLvALHBwwS65V5-W.jpg

pic1.jpg

Gaug_Mount_Black_Switches_2.jpg

I'm going with options 2 and 3 next time around. I don't want my gauges on my a-pillar because they draw too much attention even with tinted windows.

Edit: nvm I saw 2 RC LB and read over the LMM part..... my bad :(

PAT

EASY DAY
Aug 21, 2011
your back yard
Or you can get one of the gauges that monitors multiple parameters. Ie. the boost gauges that have 2 needles. One for boost and one for dp. That would eliminate one gauge.

dbev24

Oct 27, 2011
Darlington pa
I just ordered a glow shift gauge kit that has egt,boost,and engine temp all in one 4 inch gauge. Looks pretty sweet and it was like 165 bucks for everything.

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
the edge cts monitors all that crap. you can plug all sorts of crap into it. that way you wont have to have a bunch of gauges all over the place.

or get some of those gauges that have 2 needles in them

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan
Someone sells the right side dash cubby hole one, I bouht it somewhere....

4 pod over the rear view mirror made by autometer, available at autozone.

Last edited:

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
I put a 2 pod PPE in the overhead and a 4 gauge over the Rear View mirror.

I have Fuel Pressure, Rail Pressure, Oil Temp, Front Differential Temp, Trans Temp, and Rear Axle Temp. All the rest is currently monitored by the Banks IQ.

dordtrecht5

Regular Cabs Rock
Jul 21, 2009
Wherever I am working
Or you can get one of the gauges that monitors multiple parameters. Ie. the boost gauges that have 2 needles. One for boost and one for dp. That would eliminate one gauge.

This gauge is made by Hewitt industries. Can get through Kennedy diesel, that's where I got mine. To be down right honest, I love it. If I had twins I would desire to monitor drive pressure as well. If I had that style of gauge I would use the dual gauge to do boost only and would buy a separate drive gauge. What I have found I do is monitor DP more than boost. I have only one tune on my truck and it has produced the HP/TQ #s in my sig.

What I am getting at is if you like daily drive with a tune that is kinda hot, the DP will help you monitor your driving style (I.e. helps keep your foot accountable).

Highest DP/boost ratio I have seen is when the turbo and engine are cold. The veins are positioned at their maximum for quicker engine warm up and DP ratio is stupid high even at 1/4 throttle.

I like tacos.

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
Someone makes a single DIN 3 gauge pod too. Think it is glowshift. So if you have an after market stereo, you can use that as well.

Bill H

Street Toy
Aug 25, 2011
VA
I put a 2 pod PPE in the overhead and a 4 gauge over the Rear View mirror.

I have Fuel Pressure, Rail Pressure, Oil Temp, Front Differential Temp, Trans Temp, and Rear Axle Temp. All the rest is currently monitored by the Banks IQ.
Where did you find the 4 gauge set up?

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
The Four gauge pod is an autometer part number 18024 (http://www.autometer.com/cat_mountsdetail.aspx?vid=53&sid=0&mid=3&pg=1&mdl=89&gw=11). Several of the vendors sell them. For the gauges I went with the ISSPRO Performax since it only takes 3 wires to run up to 17 gauges. The 3 wires go to the overhead console for the 2 fuel gauges, then into the mirror pod where they run the other 4 gauges. So 6 gauges on 3 wires :).