Went to the track yesterday

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I didn't race, but I went to help my buddy Matt (matt78) with his truck. He's working on getting the launching figured out with the slicks and twins. It was an 1/8 mile track, but he ended up getting a 7.72 @ 92.5 mph with a 1.82 60'. I think he still has more in it once he gets the launching down with the new setup, but it is an improvement over the single turbo and drag radials. Here are a couple of the vids I got.

[YOUTUBE]QiowFGjOgk8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]EbqVhpEitU0[/YOUTUBE]

Here's a video someone else got from the stands

http://instagram.com/p/dKms2SSwmY/#

I'm not sure what all his mods were, but the guy in the silver Camaro in the first video and the instagram video was running nitrous. He was so mad after he lost, he left the track after that one pass. :rofl:

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
Thought it was a 1.85, your just trying to make me feel better bout the crappy 60, lol.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I don't know Matt. I was going off memory which can be a little sketchy at best... :thumb:

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
What slicks is he runnin? Red line a good prep track? Nice runs Matt. Truck runs and sounds great. Did a great job on the twins also josh.

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
M and h nostalgia on procomp 16 inch wheels. Always well prepped there, come on out sometime.

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
Gotta start somewhere, and that looked pretty dang good! Mph is solid! Diesels can flat destroy cars in the 1/8! I bet ol' boy was catching hell from his buddies after you whipped him

What psi did you launch at? Saw the wrinkles! What about a softer rear suspension? Just thinking out loud, You know my experience is limited.

I know yours lights faster than my setup, but I feel like the little lag off the line really helps keep things smooth and sweet... But maybe I'm not launching hard enough either ! Lol

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
I know yours lights faster than my setup, but I feel like the little lag off the line really helps keep things smooth and sweet... But maybe I'm not launching hard enough either ! Lol
I believe this also launching my truck hard with a very slight lag nets 1.59 60 no tire spin with Toyo proxys no traction bars stock shocks.

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
That was 10# 2100 rpm. Tires actually need more air, and my bars had way to much preload. I hit a 1, 75 last april so the potential is there. I was glad josh was there to watch and give advice on corrections needed.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Mines the same way. Launching at 2100 rpms actually made my slicks grab harder then at 1800. Are you running caltracs?