weird vibration I need help!

joeyrod3086

Jun 13, 2009
New Jersey
heres the deal this only started after i lowered the truck and i got it aligned and all 4 wheels balanced. I drive between 55-65 in high gear and get a nasty vibration that you can hear in the cab.

I just ordered is the carrier bearing bracket from DJM to change the Drive shaft angle . otherwise i changed all of the u joints and the carrier bearing then got the DS balanced. So now im going to try the bracket and see if that helps i think im going to get the wheels balanced again also. Maybe they messed up on a wheel. This is getting to be one expensive hunt.

Only other thinks i could think of is a wheel bearing(which they seem fine), something in the rear(it has some play). Or maybe somethign in the trans. i have no clue , but it only started after i lowered the truck. '

any body have an idea?

MaxPowerLB7

Amateur
Nov 8, 2007
Spanish Fork, UT
I would have to guess it is the pinion angle. Mine did that with 2 inch lowering shackles at 65 mph at light throttle. Not when speeding up or slowing down though. I recently pulled springs to lower it some more and it went away.

delong_1

<< my work
Dec 5, 2008
Arvada, CO
i know this is an old thread but i figured why start another. im having similar problems, vibrations start around 70ish and get worse around 80-82 and get a bit better around 85.

i lowered the rear with 3 inch shackles and droped the t-bars, and got it aligned the same day. tires were just balanced also. i checked u-joints tonight and looked everything over, is this from the shackles due to pinion angles? i cant be sure this just happened, i havent driven constantly at these speeds in a month or so(interstate to work)

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Yake a picture of the pinion angles , my guess is that is the cause , might have to buy some shims for the rear springs to correct it .