weird problem 03 GMC BCM?

beanpole209

May 5, 2010
My truck is hating me pretty bad apparently right now.

The battery light, gear selector, and radio stay on all the time; can't turn them off. I checked (good), my ignition switch and changed it out for the hell of it. And yes its indexed right.

I'm having cluster problems unrelated to this, but I also checked while it was out, and the stereo still has ignition power. Is there some relay, or am I looking at something else like a body control module or something?

greywarden

May 3, 2011
My truck is hating me pretty bad apparently right now.

The battery light, gear selector, and radio stay on all the time; can't turn them off. I checked (good), my ignition switch and changed it out for the hell of it. And yes its indexed right.

I'm having cluster problems unrelated to this, but I also checked while it was out, and the stereo still has ignition power. Is there some relay, or am I looking at something else like a body control module or something?

hey there bean i just wanna ask how did you resolved this kind of problem now? i am still puzzled what is happening on my truck right now so i need a little help. i did not change any parts from my truck. i did not even touch any wiring or electronics. it just happened now i dont have any idea what to do. i wanna try resolving it first. i will just go to my dealer if i cannot fix it. :mad:

jmax33

Aug 5, 2011
could be a bc module, may check your relays under the hood, they can get caroded and make weird things happen, like lights coming on and off by there self and crazy things like that

beanpole209

May 5, 2010
Old thread, but I thought I would update it in case anyone else develops this problem.

History on the problem's: it was doing the above, and I had been having issues before with random BCM issues. Also, I thought my multifunction switch or flasher was going out, because it would light the turn signal up but not flash. Cruse control would randomly cut off, esp if I hit accelerate button. All of this was related to the same problem.

My problem was one of my cigarette lighter sockets was grounding out. I thought that if this happened that it would blow the fuse, not so in my case. My truck has a backup camera installed before, and the dumbasses tapped into one of my front plugs. Removed ground, everything went back to normal.

On a side note, I think if you are looking for grounded connections I would check trailer sockets as well. I think they can create similar issues to what I was experiencing.