weird pop when stoping and going

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
so lately when is i stop and let off the brakes to go again it makes a pop and feels like the axle moves wraps up or something(best way i can describe it) and i can not figure it out i can't find anything loose or see anything when someone trys to duplicate it in the parking lot. anyone else had something like this.

also i usually have traction bars on and there not on and thats when i noticed it soon as they came off so

1slowmax

The break is over
May 9, 2012
Sin City, NV
Yea sounds like axle wrap or something in the rear end. I had the same noise and when i put my new locker in it went away. Maybe the GL80 took a dump.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Mine does the same thing. Right after I pulled my traction bars off it started doing it. Sounds like its in the front end though. But I've replaced every bushing and ball joint.

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
Try checking your carrier bearing on the driveline. Also check the bushing around it. They do some weird shit when they go out.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Long bed 4x4 and all 2wd crew cabs have a carrier bearing. I've seen carrier bearings on a few older CC/SB 4x4s with a steel shaft, but they are few and far between.

Sounds like the slip yoke binding on the splines in the T-case output shaft to me. I've seen it on a few trucks, and a little GM driveline lube has always fixed it.