Water to Air Cooler

mick

Try anything
Aug 15, 2006
Forestdale. Brisbane.Australia
Put my Water/Air Barrel Cooler and Radiator in on weekend. Removed Banks Technicooler altogether. The Barrel is 24" long, x 8" dia, 4" inlet 4" outlet. Radiator has sucker fan on rear, have switch in cab and wired to ignition. Drove truck Sunday (yesterday) Outside Temp was 95 deg F. Engine is running cooler (probably due to the removal of Banks) EGTs at 60 mph are 400-450 - Normally have been 600. Boost comes on alot quicker and seems to be going alot higher - goes off the gauge and halfway up the other side nearly twice as quick as before. Truck seems a different animal altogether.

Last edited:

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX
Mick, that looks nice, the numbers really support a powerful enhancement. Can't wait to see the full potential. Great Idea I think.

Mike

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Simon, we really need this!!

Bring 2 back from australia next year would u!!

Inside Mick, what does it look like? Is it a honeycomb exchanger or does it use coils?

May need to custom build!!

Keep us updated on how it works!!

Last edited:

mick

Try anything
Aug 15, 2006
That looks awesome, nice to hear about that, it that a super charger on the lower part, from the looks of it, you are really going for the 10s.[/QUOTE

Supercharger is going on the next few weeks. Getting the pulleys made up at the moment - 10 Rib Alloy. Will be making app 6 lbs boost at idle and blowing off at 22psi.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Mick I ain't afraid to import stuff!!

What is the name of the manufacturer? Do they have a website? What sort of part numbers if any for that kit do you have or a description so I know what I need.

I really want one of these!!

Is it an ARE Kit??

Last edited:

MaxFarmer

<--Heavy Smoker
Jan 22, 2007
Albion, Nebraska
Very nice looking! I was going to ask you what the heck you were doing when you posted the 3rd picture in another thread but I was too afraid to ask! I LOVE the idea!

TNRGreene

Kicked to the Curb
Sep 2, 2006
Bradenton, Florida
Mick I ain't afraid to import stuff!!

What is the name of the manufacturer? Do they have a website? What sort of part numbers if any for that kit do you have or a description so I know what I need.

I really want one of these!!

Is it an ARE Kit??

:yup:
Thanks

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Simon, we really need this!!

Bring 2 back from australia next year would u!!

im going to try and bring back his whole truck:D ill sit on the suitcase while the wife zips it up

Mick is always thinking outside the norm....And i love it:cool2:

mick

Try anything
Aug 15, 2006
Dale - Heres the website - PWR is an Australian Coy. They actually have a Branch in CA - If you look under "Contact Us" you will see the details for other countries including U.S. I checked out Frozen Boost a while ago. I like the PWR Barrel design for the Straight Through Flow compared to the about face change of flow direction in the FB unit. Certainly alot easier to fit up as well - http://pwr.com.au/

Jason - I was just fishing...

Brandon - At this stage I am only using regular coolant, but waiting on reply for a better fluid. I haven't at this stage got a temp monitoring setup on the coolant - I will say though that after driving on 95 deg day here, when I get home and put my hand on Engine radiator, it is high warm but radiator for CAC is COLD. Normally I could feel alot of heat in my Banks Technicooler after stopping. No doubt alot of that heat was transferring back from Engine Radiator. Now the PWR Radiator has a Sucking Fan an the rear and also the Stock Engine fan is also directly behind it and also helping draw out heat. ( Ive taken Electric Fans off - Dont trust them anymore) Good thing about this setup is when at the track it is only a 1 minute job to toss a couple of plastic bags of ice on top of the Barrel. I will make up a container of sorts on top to help locate the ice bags better

Simon - You should be bringing me a truck - not taking one back from here :confused:

Last edited:

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
Put my Water/Air Barrel Cooler and Radiator in on weekend. Removed Banks Technicooler altogether. The Barrel is 24" long, x 8" dia, 4" inlet 4" outlet. Radiator has sucker fan on rear, have switch in cab and wired to ignition. Drove truck Sunday (yesterday) Outside Temp was 95 deg F. Engine is running cooler (probably due to the removal of Banks) EGTs at 60 mph are 400-450 - Normally have been 600. Boost comes on alot quicker and seems to be going alot higher - goes off the gauge and halfway up the other side nearly twice as quick as before. Truck seems a different animal altogether.

nice looking setup you have there Mick, I'm impressed with your attention to details. ;):D

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Caleb - Heres the website - PWR is an Australian Coy. They actually have a Branch in CA - If you look under "Contact Us" you will see the details for other countries including U.S. I checked out Frozen Boost a while ago. I like the PWR Barrel design for the Straight Through Flow compared to the about face change of flow direction in the FB unit. Certainly alot easier to fit up as well - http://pwr.com.au/

Interesting they are just 1/2 hr away from us :D