LB7: Water pump

teamrealtree87

Dec 10, 2013
Michigan
New to this forum looking for help/suggestions,
I have a 2004 lb7 and have been having water pump issues, originally my water pump walked off and chewed part of the gear up that drives the water pump gear, tho the pump gear looked fine whatever the gear that drives it is not as strong of metal as the pump gear, I'm replacing both the pump and the gear that drives the pump, is there any other things that should be addressed while this is being done or could of anything else have been damaged, there is no loss of power and before the pump went completely it was knocking terribly till it walked off, what could have caused this, there is 246,000 k on the motor with an Efi live tunning and built up trans, 1,000 miles before these issues I had all eight injectors replaced and injector pump.

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
Some guys weld the steel drive gear
Some use nickel bronze and eeld the cast impeller
Some tske time to pin the parts to the shaft
Some upgrade pump cover and hose to the plastic lbz style

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk

skintback

Take this one to church
Mar 5, 2007
Florida
Get a new upgraded pump from tony at DHD or weld on it your self and have the cam keyed while you have it out

teamrealtree87

Dec 10, 2013
Michigan
Was planning on keying the cam as well forgot to add that in there, thanks for the feedback and if anyone thinks they might know what could have caused this probablem please send me your input, maybe just cuz of the high mileage and driving like a bat outa hell, like all dirty maxes should be driving