LLY: water/methanol and Edge juice with attitude

strega440

Jul 25, 2014
CA
Hi, I'm a newbie to this forum. I tow a 38' 14K Toyhauler with an 05 lly. I have done almost every mod. to the motor/ exhaust possible, I even added an extra radiator ( it had the overheating problem) I want to now add an Edge juice with attitude to monitor the engine vitals ect... and a water/methanol system for HP and for cooling my EGTS on long and steep uphill pulls. does anybody have any experience with this setup? specifically what edge settings? and what mix ratio of methanol/water work best?
Thanks

Last edited:

monster50iii

Dec 5, 2014
Get efi live from a reputable tuner, get an edge cts insight to watch vitals and leave it at that. Water methanol can do more harm than good. It causes pre-ignition which isn't good for rods and pistons. In a racing type scenario its useable, but I wouldnt use it towing, no way. It will wash cylinder walls down, I would just stick to good tuning myself..

BudTX

Edjumacated Redneck
Apr 8, 2007
MO
I agree with monster's guidance. Get a good tune and some gauges, Edge Insight, or whatever you prefer and call it good.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
What are you seeing for EGT's
And what mods have you done to combat EGT's

I agree with the above responses as well, a good efilive tune built for towing can do wonders.